News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Salmen

Re: What is your golfing highlight?
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »
The first time I broke 80 was a 74.

Both times I've played Sandwich (91 and 98) I birdied 18.

Having 200-300 quietly applaud as I walked to the 18th green at TOC to face a 2ft putt.

After spending 8 years on the waiting list, probably longer than anyone in history, getting the letter announcing I was to become a full member at Royal Dornoch.

Playing Muirfield.

Playing Cypress Point.

Ben Voelker

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »
1.Playing Sand Hills in 2005 - Its to this day the only private club where I have ever had the chance to play and it wasn't a bad place to start ;D ;D

2. My hole-in-one on an uphill par 3, especially because I hit the exact shot I wanted to and then did the clichéd thing where I couldn't find my ball, thought I was long and lost and eventually looked in the cup before dropping one behind the green.  Safe to say, my anger level went down a bit...  ;)

3. Shooting -1 once on a 6,000 par 71.  I was playing with my dad and am usually significantly worse when I play with him!  The same round included my first ever eagle and I've not been near par since!

Chris Haspell

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »
A couple for me, this year

Playing a four ball at Castle Stuart with My sons of 10 and 7 and my better half , giving 2 shots a hole to the boys and getting beaten, by the oldest (he is now cut!) and nearly the youngest and i played well!

And  being invited to and playing with a very good friend in the Quail Hollow pro am with Robert Allenby , with 20 odd thousands spectators on the course, eating breakfast with the stars, and standing on the putting green getting asked to sign autographs!!

15 minutes of fame!

I have never been so scared standing over a first tee shot in my life!

Cheers guys and good golfing
Chris

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back