News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave Falkner

Is there a treatment for this?
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »
I cant believe this but I am starting to get sucked into this whole Merion mishegas

not to the point of posting any opinions  but actually reading these threads and being somewhat interested

hopefully impending fantasy football drafts will take up my time in an even less productive ( and less contenious)  fashion

JESII

Re: Is there a treatment for this?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »

not to the point of posting any opinions  but actually reading these threads and being somewhat interested

Like the first stab into the dirt from just off the edge of the green is a guaranteed sign of the imminent chip yips, this is how it always begins...and it's too late already!

Dave_Miller

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
I cant believe this but I am starting to get sucked into this whole Merion mishegas

hopefully impending fantasy football drafts will take up my time in an even less productive ( and less contenious)  fashion

Repeat after me "I will ignore all Merion threads, I will ignore all Merion threads".  Say this 500 times a day and you will not be haunted by Moriarity, MacWood, TE Paul, et al. :o ;D ;)
Dave

Richard Choi

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:25:39 PM »
I think reading the entire Merion thread should be an application requirement for all new members... (an easy way to keep the membership at 1500!) :)

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »
Dave,
Please carefully walk away from your computer.  Slowly.  Carefully.  Now, turn around.  Walk.

There, you're safe now....

(You know what's the biggest pain to me - Merion is one of the world's greatest golf clubs and I've found its staff and members to be extremely nice and friendly.  They're proud of their club, and they should be, for it's a very special place).

Terry Lavin

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:51:17 PM »
It's not "what you know"; it's "Don Julio"!

Drink tequila now, in plentiful quantities and stay away from the Merion topic or your head will be shrouded in some form of an oval basket...Be very careful.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »
Dan - This site was also richer for having a respected Merion member posting, I have no issue with challenging research it's just some posters are unable to follow protocols and usual standards of conduct. All very sad.
Cave Nil Vino

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »
Mark,
So well said.  This type of disagreement isn't uncommon at all, but it usually takes place in private.  I still wish David's opinion piece would have had a delayed publishing.   The world if full of "Unauthorized biographies", but I wish he would have given the folks with a legitimate stake (uh - Merion Golf Club) a chance to engage in traditional academic discourse in private.   

I'm not suggesting a gag order at all - just a delay.  I'd like to think a lot of grief could have been avoided.  And I'm not suggesting a kumbya moment would've happened, but I'm guessing it may have had a better resolution. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back