News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

We're all watching ;)

Chris Cupit

As an FYI, today Chris got me out to see his course and the work being done.  Hole 7 was just finished, and hole 8 is being worked on right now, with 9 green to follow.

I took some photos of the work in progress on 8 and will get back out there as things progress and take photos of the finished hole.

Got to meet Chris, Mike Riley (the architect), and the crew.  Awesome experience thus far.  And the course looks truly amazing!!  It might be one of the biggest hidden gems I've ever seen.  No joke!

I'll post the pictures after my next visit, assuming it is ok with Chris.

Chris, thanks!  This morning was awesome!!

Mac,

It was my pleasure.  I hope you can come back and watch more of the actual work.  We began shaping of #9 green this morning and watching that process is pretty cool.  As you saw, a lot of the stuff is standing around and giving each other a bunch of grief.   ;D

Once they get going though the shapers are amazing.  Come back and we'll even let you bring your bedazzled, PINK camera with you :D

Mac Plumart

Just in case anyone was holding their breath for an update on this, here goes…

I’ve been out to Rivermont (Chris Cupit’s course) three times now.  Twice to check up on the construction and once to play it (today with Bryan I.).   It was really neat to talk to Chris and Mike Riley (the architect) about the changes taking place and how they designed it and went about actually building it.  Cool stuff for me to see!!  Thanks!!

Here are a few shots on hole #8 from the tee box…

And here is the approach shot…

And here are some shots of the 9 green area…

And just for giggles, here are some more pictures from the course…

#16 approach…

And the Redan #4…

The experience of seeing the construction unfold was really neat and playing the course was great as well.  If anything fits the bill of a true hidden gem, Rivermont does!  Great work guys, great course!!

Thanks Chris, Mike and Bryan!!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Chris Hans

I was fortunate enough to go through a major restoration at a Donald Ross golf course in the Boston area last Fall.  Every original bunker was rebuilt, non-originals were removed, every green was rebuilt to USGA specs while retaining their original contours, the driving range was completely rebuilt, hundreds of trees were removed and several new tees were added all in about a fourteen week period.  The short time-frame for which the project needed to be finished allowed for a hectic and chaotic but incredible (for lack of a better word) experience.  With so many things to pay attention to and so many opportunities to learn, those fourteen weeks seemed like fourteen days.  The day I spent in a skid-steer roughing out and then shaping one of our new bunkers was for me, the experience of a lifetime.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back