News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike H

Locker Room
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »
I had the pleasure of playing at Scioto CC this week and spent some time in the locker room/mens grill area.  Right away I noticed there was a small barbershop in the locker room.  This was the first time I have ever seen a barbershop at a golf course, Is this common in other areas of the country?  Also what are other amenities that caught someone off guard at a golf course or in a locker room?

Tim_Cronin

Re: Locker Room
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:00:23 PM »
Augusta National, Medinah and Olympia Fields have barbers at least some days of the week. Many others as well, I'm sure.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Bill Gayne

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:25:16 PM »
I liked at Fiddler's Elbow in New Jersey that you can have your car detailed while you play.

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »
Augusta National, Medinah and Olympia Fields have barbers at least some days of the week. Many others as well, I'm sure.

I have never seen a barber chair at Augusta National?  Have you personally seen it?

Mt Ridge in NJ has one...

Paul Nash

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:26:28 PM »
Loch Lomond has a little bar on the left as you go in to the male changing room. I was there last week - we had 4 beers - waiter service - sitting around a table in the changing rooms while they cleaned our shoes - another first! It was such a craic that we were there way too long and nearly missed dinner!

Yancey_Beamer

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 05:34:57 PM »
Annandale C.C. in Pasadena, C.A. has a barber.The members support him by only having their haircuts at the club.The ladies have a beauty parlor at the club. Same support.Also a caddy program.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 06:06:17 PM »
I like the barber shop in the clubhouse at Colonial, they have no problem with my #0 Buzz.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »
That's nothing - I recently played at a club with an on-site car wash. 

jonathan_becker

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 06:23:15 PM »
You can get your car detailed if you want at Butler.  That was a first for me.

David_Tepper

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »
The Men's locker room at the Olympic Club in San Francisco has a barber shop, a massage room and a small workout room with various exercise machines.

Mike H

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
With clubs that have onsite barbershops is the barber compensated only by tips or do they charge the member a set rate?

Mark McKeever

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »

I have never seen a barber chair at Augusta National?  Have you personally seen it?

Mt Ridge in NJ has one...

That was one of the first things I noticed at MR too!  Pretty neat!

Now we know why Pat is so nicely trimmed all the time.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Brian Chapin

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
Fresh Meadow has a full time Barber on staff.  Wykagyl had a top-shelf bar setup for an outing I played in recently which I thought was great! 

Bill Hyde

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »
My club in Detroit has a barber shop (CC of Detroit) but now it's a once a week thing by appointment.

Funny thing is, I have actually gotten a haircut at Scioto where my brother-in-law is a member...the guy who cut my hair was the company barber at Worthington Industries for 30+ years. Retired with a nice pension and health benefits, too. Oh dear Lord, what has become of this country!!??

Bryan Icenhower

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »
Atlanta Athletic Club has a barber, right outside the pro shop, to the right of the men's locker room.

Nick Pozaric

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 04:56:59 AM »
Lakeside in LA has one as well

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back