News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Randy Haag's golf blog is worth a look
« on: May 19, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »
Randy Haag has been among the very best amateur golfers in Northern California for the past 25+ years and has competed with much success at the national level.

He started a golf blog earlier this year that makes for some interesting reading. Currently, he discusses (with pictures) playing The Preserve, Seminole and Spyglass on his blog.

www.randyhaag.com
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:07:10 PM by David_Tepper »

Mike Demetriou

Re: Randy Haag's golf blog is worth a look
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »
that is one hell of a resume!

Michael Moore

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
The Pine Valley back nine review is strangely reminiscent of the one presented by Ran Morrissett on golfclubatlas.com.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Alex Miller

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:26:05 PM »
The Pine Valley back nine review is strangely reminiscent of the one presented by Ran Morrissett on golfclubatlas.com.

What a nice way to say plagiarism.  :)

But yes, he absolutely got that from GCA.

Sean Leary

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 03:39:30 PM »
Whats funny is that he added some of his own pics at the end. And on the front nine, he didn't use Ran's profile. Weird.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
Seemed to me he was doing a sort of before and after thing with the PV pictures.

Who cares if he used the pictures provided he isn't profiting from it...
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Anthony Butler

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »
I played with Randy in a NCGA event in 1994. I hit just about as well as him from tee to green, yet some how he signed for a 68 while I shot a 75. It gives me some satisfaction to see him having to resort to a Sam Snead putting stroke now... the bastard.

(Actually he's not a bad guy. A touch full of himself. Not surprising perhaps, considering his resumé.)

arb:
Next!

CJ Carder

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 08:32:07 PM »
Good blog and some really nice pictures of courses I'm sure I'll never see in person.... but someone might need to teach Randy how to remove the date stamp from his pictures.

David_Tepper

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
Tip of the hat to Randy Haag, who was one of 11 qualifiers (and one of three amateurs) to qualify for this week's British Senior Open yesterday at Monifieth. This is the 2nd year in a row he has qualified.

http://www.golfblogger.co.uk/post/2010-british-senior-open-scores-from-the-monifieth-golf-club-qualifier

www.randyhaag.com

JohnV

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »
Randy is a good guy.  One of my favorite stories was last year at the NCGA Match Play Championship, during the stroke play qualifying portion of the championship, Randy is playing with a guy who makes a hole-in-one on the 12th hole at Spyglass.  It is his first ace so he is pretty excited.  Randy gets down to the green first and pulls the ball out of the hole.  He then throws it into the water.

The player's mother who was there loses it.  Randy then turns around with the real ball in his hand.  He had gotten another ball out on his way down to the green.

Later that day, he ended up in a playoff for the final spot in match play against this same player and eliminated him.

David_Tepper

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »
Randy Haag shot an even-par 71 in the first round of the British Senior Open today. He is currently T-17 and low amateur.

http://www.europeantour.com/seniortour/season=2010/tournamentid=2010860/leaderboard/index.html

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 01:28:05 PM »
made the cut.

David_Tepper

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 02:38:14 PM »
The only amateur to do so!

David_Tepper

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Congrats to Randy for his T-41 finish and receiving the silver medal as low amateur. Check out his picture with Bernie Langer at:

www.randyhaag.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back