News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom MacWood

Re: Strategic School Of Architecture
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2010, 11:33:32 PM »
Yes, I will acknowledge Bob's footnote mentioned Behr came up with Sport/Game distinction prior to Crane, but what he wrote in the main part of the excellent essay on the subject was misleading and easily misinterpreted.

TEPaul

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
"Yes, I will acknowledge Bob's footnote mentioned Behr came up with Sport/Game distinction prior to Crane, but what he wrote in the main part of the excellent essay on the subject was misleading and easily misinterpreted."

I certainly understand. I felt Bob should've put a good deal of what was in the footnotes into the main body of the essay.

Tom MacWood

« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »
TEP
Was the footnote included in the original version of the essay or added subsequently? I don't recall seeing it when I was writing my counter essay.

TEPaul

« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2010, 11:09:34 AM »
"TEP
Was the footnote included in the original version of the essay or added subsequently? I don't recall seeing it when I was writing my counter essay."

Tom MacWood:

The footnote has always been in the essay. It was in it from the beginning and before it was posted on the "In My Opinion" section of Golfclubatlas.com.

I could see the casual reader of the essay missing it but not someone who is actually going to take the time to try to counterpoint the essay with an essay within an essay, as you call it.

With some of your essays on here and many of your opinions on this DG many have said you tend to have a preconceived theme or conclusion on the subjects you deal with and you tend to just use material you think supports that theme or conclusion and overlook, discount or rationalize away the rest. One on here with an academic background labeled your approach that way as "positivism." It seems to be an accurate description.

Perhaps you just missed that footnote about Behr's "sport/game" idea and the fact that he developed it before the Crane debate, or perhaps you just didn't want to see it so you could try to prove Crosby's essay wrong in another way.

Tom MacWood

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
I don't believe it was part of the original essay, and Bob should be able to confirm that.

TEPaul

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2010, 06:22:28 AM »
"I don't believe it was part of the original essay, and Bob should be able to confirm that."

Tom MacWood:

Of course you don't believe it because if you did you might then have to admit you missed it when you did your so-called "counter-point" essay or essay with an essay or whatever it's called. And if you have to admit that then one might think perhaps you are not the expert researcher you've always claimed to be.

And of course Bob Crosby could confirm if that footnote describing that Behr's "sport/game" distinction idea came before the Crane debate was part of the original essay since he wrote the essay "Joshua Crane." ;)

However, I have a "WORD" document draft of the original essay that was done a number of months before the essay was put in this website's "In My Opinon" section that has the footnote in it, so if the footnote was not in the original essay put on here that would have to mean Crosby originally put it in his essay, then removed it, and then put it back in again.

Somehow I doubt he did that. The more logical explanation would probably be you just missed it or ignored it because you did not want to see it or acknowledge it so you could claim he was wrong about something else historically.  ::)  

It seems your credibility on here is sinking and considering most of what you put on this website opinion-wise that is probably as it should be.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:27:17 AM by TEPaul »

Tom MacWood

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
My word document must be different than your word document.

TEPaul

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »
"My word document must be different than your word document."

Tom MacWood:

That is probably the most deceptive and bullshit answer from you to date on here and there sure have been a whole lot of them. I think you are totally incapable of providing a straight-forward, credible and honest answer to anyone's legitimate question on here.

Why is that?

What is the chance you will even answer my questions to you on the other thread about what you said on here yesterday about the paranoia of Merion and Myopia?

I would say with your record of deception, avoidance and stupido rationalizations on here it is next to zero!   ???

Tom MacWood

« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2010, 10:39:17 PM »
Believe it or not my word document is different than yours. And I don't believe I said anything about Merion and Myopia being paranoid yesterday, but I will say you are paranoid today.

TEPaul

« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2010, 10:58:15 PM »
“Believe it or not my word document is different than yours. And I don't believe I said anything about Merion and Myopia being paranoid yesterday, but I will say you are paranoid today.”

Tom MacWood:

Your WORD document---my WORD document?? ;)

How are they different? Believe it or not indeed???   ??? ::) :o

Did you not type this yesterday on the thread on here entitled, “What architectural or attribution mystery of a significant course?” on Post #35 at 8:08:36pm?

“You should have added objective competent researcher/analyst. There is the rub. For whatever reason some of these clubs are so paranoid about who gets to see those administrative records (and what might result) that they only allow access to a few insiders, and they often come with a strong attachment to the legend. The result is people like Willie Campbell, HH Barker and CBM get buried in history, and transcribed versions of the records get doctored.”
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:14:33 PM by TEPaul »

TEPaul

« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
From Post #206
“My word document must be different than your word document.”

From Post #208:
“Believe it or not my word document is different than yours. And I don't believe I said anything about Merion and Myopia being paranoid yesterday, but I will say you are paranoid today.

Tom MacWood:

Is that the message you really want to send out to the intelligent viewers and contributors on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com all over the world? 

Don’t you think it’s about time you fessed up to what you said about Merion and Myopia being paranoid with this statement?

“You should have added objective competent researcher/analyst. There is the rub. For whatever reason some of these clubs are so paranoid about who gets to see those administrative records (and what might result) that they only allow access to a few insiders, and they often come with a strong attachment to the legend. The result is people like Willie Campbell, HH Barker and CBM get buried in history, and transcribed versions of the records get doctored.”

TEPaul

« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2010, 10:48:24 AM »
Tom MacWood:

Just like a number of other legitimate questions put to you on this website that you deflect and refuse to answer, you're not going to explain the real reason you missed Bob Crosby's mention in his essay about when Max Behr came up with his "sport/game" distinction, are you?   ??? ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back