News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Tufts

Re: Kansas City recommendations
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 10:24:36 PM »
Hey J,

As the world turns, this post is from a Bostonian(ish) posting from Northern Maine.

I spend a day in KC each year passing through for work and Swope and Hillcrest are both pretty neat, extra points for being well-tended munis with two of the greats as designers.  Stone Canyon is also a decent Norman course on a rolling property with a few neat holes if needing a third.  I've also played Hallbrook, which is a neat Fazio that was a nice surprise, but it's private.

As for local beer, Boulevard is from KC...Tank 7 is the flagship, a tasty saison!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

JLahrman

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 10:16:15 AM »

Thanks Brad, sounds like Swope Park is a must if I get there (and I hope we do, it's been a lot hot summer stuck in Austin with three kids and no swimming pools).

Anybody else? I'm hoping to get a round or two in, but it's pretty certain that the number of beers I drink > the number of rounds I'll play.

Ken Moum

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2020, 01:46:04 AM »
Don't overlook Staley Farms, designed by Eric Iverson from Renaissance Golf Design.

It's got a lot of the stuff people here talk about when they make a golf course wish list.

https://www.renaissancegolf.com/233/design-associates/eric-iverson/eric-iversons-resume
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2020, 02:03:21 PM »
What course is Club Pro Guy based at?  Miguel always has that course in ELITE condition.

JLahrman

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2020, 08:33:10 PM »
Well all, the trip is on. I'll be in Kansas City the first week of October. Basically this is a trip to replace the one we were going to take to Michigan in December. My family is driving up from Austin and my in-laws are driving down from Grand Rapids. We're meeting in the middle. We'll just be hanging out together, I'll still be working, and my kids will be doing remote school. But I'm hoping I can sneak out for a round or two during the week. The house we rented is only 5 miles from Swope Park and Hillcrest so those are my two targets.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back