GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

timeline for Willie Dunn, Jr.

<< < (2/10) > >>

TEPaul:
Joe:

The Internet is a truly wonderful thing. I have just received seemingly irrefutable information from Scotland that Willie Dunn Jr is actually still alive. They say he can't exactly get it up or cut a rug like he used to but he still very much has all his marbles and he can still pretty much beat most young punks of Musselburgh at marbles.

Mike Cirba:
Joe,

Jim Kennedy turned me on to this article a little while ago...

It's even more interesting what Travis wrote about Ross and Pinehurst...

http://www.la84foundation.org/SportsLibrary/AmericanGolfer/1920/ag2333f.pdf

Mike Cirba:

--- Quote from: TEPaul on February 21, 2010, 04:35:20 PM ---Joe:

The Internet is a truly wonderful thing. I have just received seemingly irrefutable information from Scotland that Willie Dunn Jr is actually still alive. They say he can't exactly get it up or cut a rug like he used to but he still very much has all his marbles and he can still pretty much beat most young punks of Musselburgh at marbles.

--- End quote ---

He also wrote that famous line in the Stevie Wonder song, "...but if you really want to hear our views, you ain't Dunn Nuthin'"

TEPaul:
Mike Cirba:

Regarding that article by Travis linked on your #6, isn't it just so interesting that Travis seems to refer to golf course architecture as "construction?"  ;)

I wonder if Hugh Wilson and his committee knew that.

Mike Cirba:
Tom,

It's probably just a strange coincidence but Crump's committee at PV in early 1913 was also named the Construction Committee...go figure!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version