News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Nichols

Re: MacKenzie Bags....let em see your pics....
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2013, 12:45:08 PM »
I scratch my head when I hear all the whining about Fazio budgets and the exorbitant cost of golf in America at the same time we extol the virtues of a $750 piece of leather to hold our clubs.  I must say, I was really drawn to the Dismal River MacK bag in the pro shop, but my inquiry was rebuffed by none other than the Owner who pointed out that it was not available for sale to guests.  As they say, membership has its privileges.  

Lou-
I had a similar reaction, especially in a thread started by Mike Young!

Mike Policano

« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2013, 05:57:48 PM »
I have a buddy who makes a simple, lightweight wooden stand for Mackenzie Walkers. They also work very well with Ping and Titleist Sunday bags. I have been using the stand for three years. PM me if you are interested in one.

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
Does anyone have some input on the weight of the leather options?  I would imagine it is quite heavier than the stand-bag options on the market.  I know that is not the reason you decide to purchase on of these bags, but still a consideration.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
Timex, Rolex?  Who cares, blah, blah, blah.....

Augusta CC, Augusta National?  Who cares, blah, blah, blah......  ;)   It's just golf.  Right?

Though I'd give my right ----- to belong to Augusta CC, I aspire to carry my clubs in the bag shown in Mr. Riefs' post below.  Maybe someone can organize a group price on a gca.com bag (and I don't mean a fractional share on one bag).

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2013, 11:58:59 AM »
Timex, Rolex?  Who cares, blah, blah, blah.....

Augusta CC, Augusta National?  Who cares, blah, blah, blah......  ;)   It's just golf.  Right?

Though I'd give my right ----- to belong to Augusta CC, I aspire to carry my clubs in the bag shown in Mr. Riefs' post below.  Maybe someone can organize a group price on a gca.com bag (and I don't mean a fractional share on one bag).

Fractional bag ownership, I like it!  I may be able to get you at good rate on a thirty year fixed loan with no points for your next bag.  Hope you can get back to Augusta soon for some golf!

I just don't understand why some people get worked up over what kind of bag people use or the cost thereof.  

Lou_Duran

« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2013, 08:42:24 PM »
Mark,

I long to return to Augusta.  Agree to jump the fence with me, and it will be sooner rather than later.

What people do with their money is their own business.  That goes for joining Dallas National, buying a MacKenzie bag, or waiting until the twilight rate kicks in at Luna Vista (Dallas) to walk 18 for $14.  I can't carry any more due to some neck issues, but I still have scoured the internet for a deal on a MacKenzie since this thread was freshened.  No luck so far.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2013, 11:32:16 PM »
What real men carry:

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Ben Carey

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2013, 12:25:46 AM »
Ballistic Walker...

Carried it for a few months before it was auctioned off (for the charity I participated in the HHH for).

Really enjoyed it while I used it - including the 102 holes and a few 72 hole days.

I've carried a lot of bags over the past few years and I haven't found anything that matches up to the McKs for an everyday walking bag.

The Jones Players series is a nice budget-level alternative to the McK Ballistic Walker.

Here's one of the Jones...

Matt Glore

« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2013, 07:37:38 AM »
I'm going to create a stand for my Ballistc Walker.  It's the best carry bag I've ever used, but it gets lonely sitting on the ground at morning lineup.  She should stand proud next to the other bags.
I want to add I've never had a moisture issue with my early morning rounds.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2013, 08:08:45 AM »
I have an ancient Sun Mountain walker bag I got back around 1990.  Tried it out last year, and I just hated not having the stand.

I'm all for tradition, but a stand really improves things - a lot!

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2013, 08:11:17 AM »
Thought this might be interesting for guys viewing this thread.  I need a stand bag when I play.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/938368-mint-bushnell-pro1m-tournament-edition-mint-mackenzie-walker-leather-golf-bag/

Here is a leather Mackenzie bag for sale - I don't know the seller but everyone I've dealt with on that site have been stand up guys and delivered the item on time and in the condition described.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
Get yourself a wonderful Jones walker, customise it even for under $200...love mine.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2013, 11:43:19 AM »
Anyone use one of these 'X' style stands when using their carry bag?

Very useful when the ground is soft or wet or there's overnight dew on the ground.

On the very rare occasions I carry (tiny bag, only a few clubs, just a few holes) I use an 'X' stand I made myself.

I saw the idea years ago in a yee olde black and white photo of golfers and caddies in Scotland. Easy, peasie to make - two sticks, one piece of string, one nut and bolt. When folded, mine also doubles as a walking stick!

ATB

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2014, 07:06:53 PM »
My MacKenzie has arrived in the post last night!

Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Pete Balzer

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2014, 07:30:01 PM »
Ruined a couple of shirts this yr with my MacKenzie Sunday Walker.  The shoulder strap got wet with the morning dew and bled onto my shirt. Bummer

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »
Nylon, dude!  :)

Niall Hay

« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »

Love the look of the bag.  What is the logo?  The date inside is awesome.

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
Does the leather present a problem in the morning if there is dew and you have to lay the bag on the grass?

Tim Martin

« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »
Does the leather present a problem in the morning if there is dew and you have to lay the bag on the grass?

Why do you have to start trouble?

Sam Morrow

« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »

Why do you have to start trouble?

He's a troll. :D

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2014, 10:31:21 PM »
Water and sweat don't hurt a MacKenzie. Bag boy chemicals are another story.

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »

Love the look of the bag.  What is the logo?  The date inside is awesome.

Niall,

It is the RMGC logo, whilst the date inside the ball pocket represents the commencement date of the "process" (which happens to be my birthday).

David Davis

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2014, 06:08:20 AM »
Ben,

Really cool bag, I'd be way too worried about it getting ruined. The RMGC logo really ads to it, as does the date, initials etc. I think you can get away with it in the dry climate of Oz but I'd wonder how quickly it would be destroyed, stained etc in a wet climate like Oregon/NL. That alone would keep me from getting such a beautiful bag. I know what these climates do to nice treated leather shoes.
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2014, 07:05:05 PM »
I had the opportunity to use my MacKenzie for the first time on Thursday - a quick 6 hole loop after work. It really is a pleasure to carry as it sits so perfectly over your shoulder.

Keith Phillips

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2014, 07:17:40 PM »
Ben, that is an utterly gorgeous golf bag...I'm partial to stands, but love the look!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back