News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Re: MacKenzie Bags....let em see your pics....
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
Ben,

Lovely bag. Colours and embroidery colour all work great together.

But you ordered it in January and it only just arrived?!

JC Jones

« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2014, 08:10:02 AM »
SW,

Word on the street is they are having difficulty being responsive and filling orders in a timely fashion.  I think this either means they are busier than expected or struggling to make ends meet.

In any event, the stitching on my ballistic nylon bag has come undone and instead if sending it in to repair, I just bought a sun mountain carry bag.  I'm afraid if I send it in ill never see it again.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Randy St John

« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
Fascinating how casually everyone has a theory on "how long" everything should take. How about we all remember golf, like life,  is all about relationships. If  Ben or anyone else has an issue with the company they would or could take it up with Todd or Thom.  I have 3 bags,spanning 15 plus years.  I have had 2 repaired due to my negligence, nothing on how they were made or materials.  Service has been timely and congenial.  You want quick? Ping makes a nice moon bag off the shelf.  Want a little more style? Go buy a Jones....every few years because honestly they are no better than our high school team bags that cracked on the bottom,split seams, cracked shoulder straps and faded. Want a handcrafted, timeless, functional luxury product? That's why a Mackenzie's exists. Just don't rag a company that you don't have first hand knowledge of yourself.

DMoriarty

« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2014, 01:29:38 PM »
Randy,

If you expect only positive comments about bag company, then perhaps they/you should be paying for advertising space.

I have no opinion on the quality of the bags, but I do tire of the increasingly prevalent infomercial mentality on gca.com.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Lou_Duran

« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2014, 02:59:26 PM »
I confess to having succumbed to a bit of conspicuous consumption (I have on occasion ragged on friends who put their Rolexes in my face, being an Omega man myself).  It's been sitting in my closet for a year, the smaller version in all black leather with a small, tasteful Putter Boy/Pinehurst logo in gold on the side.  I took it out for a few holes a couple weeks back but the single strap seemed to aggravate my surgically repaired neck, so back in the closet it went.  Though not conveying the same image, my Sun Mountain Swift X doesn't aggravate my neck and serves its purpose nicely.  Hopefully the value of fine leather and craftsmanship appreciates.

Scott Warren

« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
Randy,

I'm just as entitled to not want to wait nine months for an $800 golf bag as other people are to be happy with that transaction. To each his own.

They are beautiful golf bags, but it's seems remarkable to me that they don't deliver customer service of the standard of their bags.

Several people across three continents have advised me when discussing buying one to "take whatever lead time they quote you and double it". To me and my wallet, that's not really service matching the quality of the product or the significant cost.

But to those with more patience than me, good on them. They're gorgeous bags.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
The oy time my RCP all leather walker got completely soaked was at Royal Melbourne of all places!
Cave Nil Vino

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2014, 07:24:20 PM »
I really like my beautiful maroon Titleist (Sun Mountain) carry bag.  :) 

Scott Warren

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2014, 07:25:23 PM »
The oy time my RCP all leather walker got completely soaked was at Royal Melbourne of all places!

Bottle of claret leaked?

DMoriarty

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2014, 07:31:59 PM »
Randy,

I'm just as entitled to not want to wait nine months for an $800 golf bag as other people are to be happy with that transaction. To each his own.

According to their website, your pricing is a bit low for the leather bags.  $995 for the Walker.  $895 for the Sunday Walker.  Not sure about add-on charges for customization.  
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
One of life's paradoxes is that people who want their happiness now often get the best deals.  My Mackenzie was a surprise from my wife one Christmas morning. I had to wait 30 years for mine. 

Randy St John

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »
DM...stop keeping the thread alve if you think it is an "advertisement"

SW...the customer service does match the price tag.  Maybe they've read one of my favorite books?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Asshole-Rule-Civilized-Workplace/dp/1600245854

No sense wasting positive energy on those who can't receive it. 

Now, that my friends, is a blatant advertisement....and you wonder why more lurk and less post?

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2014, 02:21:32 AM »
Claret in Australia?  ;D
Cave Nil Vino

DMoriarty

« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2014, 02:37:45 AM »

I don't mind the thread.  The bags are probably not for me, but they are very pretty.   Where I object is when you and others try to silence those who raise any point or question which might be considered negative.

I mean come on, we are talking about a $1000 golf bag here.  "A bit of ragging is certainly in order, especially if the bag takes longer to build than most houses.  

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2014, 04:30:46 AM »
Ben,

Lovely bag. Colours and embroidery colour all work great together.

But you ordered it in January and it only just arrived?!

Scott,

Without going into any detail, they were very apologetic for the delay and appreciative of the patience.

The product is unquestionably one of great quality and I'm certain I won't be thinking of the wait in years to come.
Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Scott Warren

« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2014, 06:01:31 AM »
That's good to hear, Ben.

Like I said, I'd be beside myself to find a Mackenzie under the Christmas tree, but my RCP stand bag will do me fine until then.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2014, 07:30:45 AM »
I confess to having succumbed to a bit of conspicuous consumption (I have on occasion ragged on friends who put their Rolexes in my face, being an Omega man myself).  It's been sitting in my closet for a year, the smaller version in all black leather with a small, tasteful Putter Boy/Pinehurst logo in gold on the side.  I took it out for a few holes a couple weeks back but the single strap seemed to aggravate my surgically repaired neck, so back in the closet it went.  Though not conveying the same image, my Sun Mountain Swift X doesn't aggravate my neck and serves its purpose nicely.  Hopefully the value of fine leather and craftsmanship appreciates.

Lou, I ordered a second strap and hooked it to the bag so I could use the bag like a two strap one.  It works great.  It just took a bit of work to get the lengths correct.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

David Harshbarger

« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2014, 08:39:06 AM »

SW...the customer service does match the price tag.  Maybe they've read one of my favorite books?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Asshole-Rule-Civilized-Workplace/dp/1600245854

No sense wasting positive energy on those who can't receive it. 

Now, that my friends, is a blatant advertisement....and you wonder why more lurk and less post?

Hah!  Cool to see the "No Asshole" rule monetized in a book! 

That's one of the three rules I use for hiring (from the Joel on Software blog), plus my own "No Asshole" rule:

1. Smart.
2. Get Shit Done.
3. Not an Asshole.

Who wants to work with Assholes? Not me.  Why would I hire them?  I don't.

Follow those three rules and the rest is window dressing. :-)

The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Stephen Davis

« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
This isn't a MacKenzie, but I absolutely love it, so I figured I would let people know about this company. The bag is a Links & Kings bag. The quality is awesome and the company is fantastic to work with. From the time I ordered my bag to the time it arrived was just over 3 weeks.

Check them out http://linksandkings.com/

Jay Mickle

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »
Recently received my new Eliott bag. Made in Charleston, SC it took only 5 weeks from order to delivery. Scott Halter worked with me to design and build this custom bag. The stand is one that I made. Eliott offers an integral stand but I felt that playing 150+ rounds a year, it would have to give up at some point.
">photo Eliot bag2_zpsbd3wz7k7.jpg

">photo Eliot bag1_zpsyn5stywy.jpg

">photo Double Strap_zpsedsefb5m.jpg
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:33:42 PM by Jay Mickle »
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Mike Hendren

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »
I'm still waiting for my 10 years old Ping Moon bag to break down so I can buy a Mackenzie.  Check that, I bought a back-up logo'd moon at Cypress Point Club 8 years ago that's on deck.  Oops, I realize that is no room for a poseur on this thread - sorry.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2016, 03:12:11 PM »
Jay,

With both a double strap and a stand you may as well take a cart.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2016, 03:31:35 PM »
Looking good, Jay!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
Jay - that to me is the best looking golf bag of all. Wow, a million bucks you look. And, might I add without sounding too much like a fashionista, the plain white shirt and brown dress trousers you're wearing match the bag perfectly! Old school before they even had a name for it. Heck, if I looked that good I'd play 100 rounds a year and wouldn't care less what I shot -- I figure I'd be doing the world a favour just by looking that good.

Peter 

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2016, 09:59:46 PM »
I just can't see a custom bag with Pallotta embroidered on the back.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back