News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian Andrew

I'm just going to add for perspective...

Next to NLGA, Indian Creek would be second on my wish list of courses to join ... if they would have me.
I think its the next best course in Florida, but I prefer Indian Creek for regular play.

The design is subtle and very smart, the presentation of the architecture is perfect.
I've had multiple rounds and dearly want to play it again.

I've spent a social evening in the courtyard and that was an outstanding experience too.
Love the place ...
-

cary lichtenstein

There are a lot of excellent courses around both Seminole and Jupiter Hills:

The Bears Club
Trump purchased the Ritz in Jupiter
Admrials Cove
McAthur
Dye Preserve

I would think if one came down here for 10 days and played all 7 of these, one would be quite impressed
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Mike_Young

Next to NLGA, Indian Creek would be second on my wish list of courses to join ... if they would have me.
I think its the next best course in Florida, but I prefer Indian Creek for regular play.

The design is subtle and very smart, the presentation of the architecture is perfect.

I've spent a social evening in the courtyard and that was an outstanding experience too.
Love the place ...
Ian,
You have to teach me how to do the social interaction in the courtyard stuff...most nice courses I have played have requested that I leave and get something at McDonalds on the way out...I've never really gotten to do the social thing...I sometimes feel I was meant for the pond and not the pool...
Agree with you on Indian Creek...
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

BCrosby

"You have to teach me how to do the social interaction in the courtyard stuff...most nice courses I have played have requested that I leave and get something at McDonalds on the way out..."

Do you think we meet at The Varsity for the food....?  ;)

jeffwarne

Love the place ...
Ian,
You have to teach me how to do the social interaction in the courtyard stuff...most nice courses I have played have requested that I leave and get something at McDonalds on the way out...I've never really gotten to do the social thing...I sometimes feel I was meant for the pond and not the pool...
Agree with you on Indian Creek...

McDonalds is mere sustinence...
Waffle House?   Now that's social interaction
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tim Gavrich

It's a little outside the Hobe Sound/Jupiter/Palm Beaches sphere, but how does Sailfish Point up toward Stuart stack up?

Also, where would John's Island West up here in Vero Beach stack up against the courses being spoken of on this thread?

Haven't played either (hoping to qualify for the U.S. Mid-Am at JIW there this year); curious as to their place in the chain.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Mike_Young

"You have to teach me how to do the social interaction in the courtyard stuff...most nice courses I have played have requested that I leave and get something at McDonalds on the way out..."

Do you think we meet at The Varsity for the food....?  ;)

I consider it the best restaurant in ATL. :)
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Tim Martin

Tommy Fazio did a great job with Tequesta CC in Jupiter which is a Dick Wilson course built in the 1950's. I am not saying it ranks near the top but it is great fun to play with a wonderful set of greens which are in exceptional shape. A great membership and atmosphere add to the charm of Tequesta.

Patrick_Mucci

It's a little outside the Hobe Sound/Jupiter/Palm Beaches sphere, but how does Sailfish Point up toward Stuart stack up?

Interesting course, enjoyable, but one of the windiest courses I've played.

Also, where would John's Island West up here in Vero Beach stack up against the courses being spoken of on this thread?

Haven't played either (hoping to qualify for the U.S. Mid-Am at JIW there this year); curious as to their place in the chain.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back