News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andy Silis

Jupiter Island Club
« on: January 21, 2010, 07:40:15 AM »
I'm scheduled to play at the Jupiter Island Club after the PGA Show.

Any information regarding the layout, design, architectural merit etc. would be appreciated as always.

cary lichtenstein

Re: Jupiter Island Club
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:34:15 PM »
I never played it. I think it is a little 9 holer on Jupiter Island, never heard anything about it.

There are lots of excellent courses to play in the area inspite of all the "Doak 0 nonsense" being presently posted.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:35:50 PM by cary lichtenstein »
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Robert Emmons

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »
18 holes on Jupiter island and the intercoastel. many members belong to Seminole as primary Florida course. Old florida feel much like Everglades Club. You will enjoy it...RHE

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »
18 holes on Jupiter island and the intercoastel. many members belong to Seminole as primary Florida course. Old florida feel much like Everglades Club. You will enjoy it...RHE

Jupiter Island is a 18 hole course measuring 6000 yards..are you sure you're not thinking about Jupiter Hills?
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Dean Stokes

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »
I'm scheduled to play at the Jupiter Island Club after the PGA Show.

Any information regarding the layout, design, architectural merit etc. would be appreciated as always.

I have played there several times and always enjoy it. The course is 18 holes and just from guessing i would say Anthony is correct at around 6000 yards.

There are many holes therefore where driver is not necessary but can be hit. The course is fairly narrow but very playable. The front nine is towards the East side of the property and away from the water. The back nine has several holes that run along the intracoastal and are very easy on the eyes.

It is by no means a Championship test of golf but you do need to think and it will be in very good shape.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

ChipOat

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 06:39:49 AM »
a/k/a Hobe Sound; lots of old, quiet money; Seminole, Piping Rock, National, Meadow Brook, Gulph Mills, Green Spring Valley, Round Hill are well represented.  Like Everglades, not intended to be a great golf course - just a great club.  Used to be the private preserve of the Reed family until the members got together and bought it from the estate.  Many of the Links Golf Club members went to Hobe Sound every winter.

John_Conley

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 09:58:18 AM »
Jupiter Island is a 18 hole course measuring 6000 yards..are you sure you're not thinking about Jupiter Hills?

Jupiter Hills is not on the island.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Jupiter Hills is not on the island.

Aware of that, I was just making sure that we were talking aobut the right club.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

jeffwarne

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »
  Like Everglades, not intended to be a great golf course - just a great club. 

I find that hard to believe that they were not intended to be great courses.
Who sets out to build a mediocre course?
When they end up mediocre I guess you fall back on "it's a great club"
or at least full of "quiet" "old" money
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back