News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jon Wiggett

Re: New Golf Course in Bonita Springs, FL
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »
Wow, did you read the comments given on the article Steve? It seemed like the posters of them were wishing doom and failure on this new enterprise. But I always thought Americans were so positive about everything ::)

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
I missed the comments the first time I read the article. The one about opening at the end of the season makes some sense but the other probably reflects on how bad the economy is in "Foreclosure Myers" Things are pretty bad there unless except for foreclosure lawyers.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »
The problem is, the minimalist/natural theme to the course will drive the pampered putt-putter toward ire and rage.  The two comment voices and others like them want their miniature fairways manicured like a rug, almost vacuumed.  The new Bonita course, an amalgamation of Maxwell/Fine/Travis/Hanse/Doak/C&C/MacKenzie/Raynor holes, will doubtless ensnare more colored balls than the typical layout, due to the roll and pitch of the fairways and the hairy bunkering that Jeff Bradley will cast in cement.  On the plus side, the mini-golf template holes have been abandoned, especially the damned windmill.  What kind of self-respecting course would have a windmill?
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back