News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JC Jones

Great TV coverage by NBC ....
« on: August 18, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
They show the back nine of the first 18 but not the second 18.

Brilliant.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

K. Krahenbuhl

Re: Great TV coverage by NBC ....
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:55:12 PM »
They show the back nine of the first 18 but not the second 18.

Brilliant.

They showed it live.  It ended early.

JC Jones

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:52:08 PM »
hmmm....I tuned in around 4:30 and they were showing the back nine of the first 18.  Are you saying they came on at 4pm with live coverage?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:45:32 AM »
hmmm....I tuned in around 4:30 and they were showing the back nine of the first 18.  Are you saying they came on at 4pm with live coverage?

Yes. My cable box showed it was scheduled for 1-3 (local time). I tuned in at 2 and watched the play on the final green. They had to fill the hour somehow.

Take note, folks. This is why the PGA Championship is never going back to match play.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »

Yes. My cable box showed it was scheduled for 1-3 (local time). I tuned in at 2 and watched the play on the final green. They had to fill the hour somehow.

Take note, folks. This is why the PGA Championship is never going back to match play.

Exactly. The lads played quickly, the last six holes in about an hour, I think. (As opposed to the Solheimers, but I digress.)

NBC televised when the U.S. Amateur was at Cog Hill in 1997. Same deal, a two-hour window. In that case, Matt Kuchar built a commanding lead, so NBC took to the air on tape. Then the match tightened and it had to skip holes to get the finish in. Made for a bit of a disjointed broadcast, but they had to fit it into the window. This year, it was more like a record album, with Side B played first. If you DVRed or taped it, watch the last 50 minutes before you watch the first 1:10.

Methinks Fox will just have the whole thing on FS1 all day long beginning in 2015.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

David Kelly

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 02:54:11 AM »
This year, it was more like a record album, with Side B played first. If you DVRed or taped it, watch the last 50 minutes before you watch the first 1:10.

Gee I'm really going to miss NBC's coverage of USGA events. 
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

JC Jones

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 06:42:22 AM »

There's the problem, for whatever reason my listing had the coverage starting at 4.  So that meant I was watching the Pre-recorded Wyndham that CBS producers still couldn't get to end by 6pm.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 11:51:59 PM »
So that meant I was watching the Pre-recorded Wyndham that CBS producers still couldn't get to end by 6pm.

And that was amazing. Yes, the playoff was going on with about two hours to go in the telecast slot (Jimmy Roberts referenced it on NBC leading into the Am coverage), but there are ways to end a taped broadcast on time.

Mike Benham

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:04 AM »
Methinks Fox will just have the whole thing on FS1 all day long beginning in 2015.

If FS1 is showing the US Amateur matches all day long in 2015, then the channel would be a colossal failure.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 03:49:57 AM »

If FS1 is showing the US Amateur matches all day long in 2015, then the channel would be a colossal failure.
I meant the final match, but I can see start to finish coverage of each round. Fox is greatly expanded coverage of the USGA's amateur tournaments.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back