News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: What happens to Bandon, etc when discretionary spending falls?
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »
Perhaps a better and more immediate question to ask is what happens to Bandon and other resorts when all discretionary travel ceases... The Global HR Leader at my company (a very large global consultancy) just put out a directive that all non-essential travel is cancelled for the time being while they see how this COVID-19 virus spreads and what exposure it presents - both financially and healthwise. So if the contract doesn't mandate you have to be at the client site for us to get paid, you're staying home.

Well, that's going to be a question for more than just golf over the next few months.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2020, 05:39:15 PM »
If Bandon needed extra cash they could easily double the revenue by opening some or all of the courses to carts even if it was in the afternoons only to keep down traffic. Paying for the carts would be no problem at all.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

SL_Solow

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 07:24:48 PM »
First, the speculation about Bandon's financial condition is just that; speculation.  Second, you won't see carts at Bandon

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2020, 12:16:29 AM »
I made the case last week that Bandon and Sand Valley will do better this year if international travel is curtailed. 

As for Bandon, I've seen the figures and Washington and Oregon golfers making a large percentage of guests at the resort. I would have to check but I believe California made up around 14 percent of the guests which I thought was low.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back