News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Kelly

Re: (ot?) How to take divots on the range
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »
I can't resist posting this as a follow-up to Joe's comment....enjoy!!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I

LOL. Thanks. (Got through 40 seconds!)
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Peter Pallotta

Re: (ot?) How to take divots on the range
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
I was so proud of myself when I got decent enough to leave long neat strips on the driving range. When I take a break from hitting balls, I leave my  Hogan Apex blades propped up next to the strip(s) and sit back to have a smoke, watching as the other range rats go by and envy the evidence of my pro-like expertise. Leaving a big sprawling patch nowadays would feel like going I was backwards!!  You guys just don't understand the aesthetics of the game. Is there not a single metrosexual among you??

Kalen Braley

Dr. P,

Thanks for the humor.  I think there are a few metros out there, especially given how pretty some of them like to dress up when they play golf.  As for me, I always make sure to get my massage twice per month and mix in some manscaping and pedicures on the off weeks.

Its not enough to just look good, you must feel good as well to be truly fabulous!  ;)

Peter Pallotta

Dr. P,

Thanks for the humor.  I think there are a few metros out there, especially given how pretty some of them like to dress up when they play golf.  As for me, I always make sure to get my massage twice per month and mix in some manscaping and pedicures on the off weeks.

Its not enough to just look good, you must feel good as well to be truly fabulous!  ;)

You're right, Kalen - and when you're right you're right. Okay, granted, Adam Scott looks like a million bucks and he still frittered away the Open Championship.  But he got himself in position to win (which is saying something), and besides, though he went down in flames he went down in style!! :)

There are no 'patches' for Adam Scott, that's for damn sure....

Kalen Braley

Dr. P,

You're right, Kalen - and when you're right you're right. Okay, granted, Adam Scott looks like a million bucks and he still frittered away the Open Championship.  But he got himself in position to win (which is saying something), and besides, though he went down in flames he went down in style!! :)

There are no 'patches' for Adam Scott, that's for damn sure....

I would be absolutely untruthful if I didn't admit that Adam Scott is a very handsome man....he probably has more than ladies on the prowl to worry about week in and week out!!

P.S.  It seems clear to me that if Boo Weekly would improve his own personal maintenance schedule, his game would come back to where it was a few years ago and being a Ryder Cup hero and all.

Wayne_Kozun

Now your starting to veer into the FJ Classics Dry Premier vs Trues golf shoe debate.

Greg Chambers

What's an FJ Classic Dry Premier?
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

David Davis

Personally I think it's a luxury problem to be able to worry about divot patterns on your "grass" hitting areas. Here in The Netherlands there aren't any grass practice areas (I should rephrase, I don't know of any offhand). Not at the private clubs and not at the public facilities. Even though I've been told they don't have the resources or can't afford to manage it I still don't get it. Every country around us seem to be able to offer it with the same weather conditions so basically that means they don't want to take the effort to re-sead and shift the hitting areas. I've also heard there are too many golfers to manage this. Don't believe that either, it's simple, charge extra for it if it's a public course. That will keep the people that don't know how to use it for the most part off and the rest who appreciate the value of practicing off grass on.

It's simple, IMO you guys are all lucky to be able to complain about it. Try hitting off hard mats all year round.

Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back