News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Taylor

Re: Belvedere Golf Club - Michigan
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »
I played Belvedere and Forest Dunes in early July but have no pics to add. Belvedere greens were firm and fast in very rainy conditions. The area left of 17 green has been shaved and makes for a terrifying long iron approach. I will take pics in Aug or Sept. What a fun golf course. 16-18 is a brillant stretch. Belvedere is simple, understated and elegant.

I was pleasantly suprised by Belvedere and a tad underwhelmed by FD.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Russ Arbuthnot

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
Glad you liked Belvedere Ryan. "Understated" and "elegant" are perfect descriptions.

I played 27 there last Wednesday. Beautiful day. Played the back 9 twice. I played the short, men's tees and still had a great time and fun, challenging test.

The fairways were a bit soft in spots from the rain the day before, but the greens and surrounds were in terrific shape. Rough was quite thick while not being long (you could spot your ball fairly easily), and I noticed that they were mowing it that day, although it seemed to be only one pass right next to the fairway.

15 is probably my least favorite hole, but only because I feel like it should be a fairly easy hole, and I can't figure out how to play it without losing strokes.

16 is probably my favorite hole, but it roughed me up this year. Can't wait to go back.

JLahrman

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2014, 10:34:44 AM »
I played Belvedere and Forest Dunes in early July but have no pics to add. Belvedere greens were firm and fast in very rainy conditions. The area left of 17 green has been shaved and makes for a terrifying long iron approach. I will take pics in Aug or Sept. What a fun golf course. 16-18 is a brillant stretch. Belvedere is simple, understated and elegant.

I was pleasantly suprised by Belvedere and a tad underwhelmed by FD.

I thought that 16-18 were the highlight of the course. It makes me wonder if I'll remember Belvedere too fondly because the finish was very strong, so the course ended on a real high note, but there were some rather indifferent holes earlier in the round. I'll have to go back and play it again when I'm (hopefully) vacationing in Northern Michigan again in subsequent years.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:01:22 PM by JLahrman »

Mike Hendren

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:40 PM »
The 16th green - my favorite:

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

JLahrman

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
Mr. Bogey that was definitely my favorite green site on the course. If the course gets firm, it is not at all hard to imagine a player chipping back and forth across that green a couple of times.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back