News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andrew Lewis

The only possible negatives I can see at first blush are that it's a longer walk down to these boxes and a front pin becomes potentially less attractive with the longer approach generally required.  

It's a significantly longer green-to-tee walk to the back box benched into the woods, only marginally so to the other gold/blue boxes, about the same to the white box, and then again significantly longer to the forward box as it requires crossing the fourth fairway.  But when cruising around in a cart as you did all weekend, it's still the same few lumbering steps irrespective of which box one plays  ;)

I also disagree that the front pin becomes less attractive with the longer approach from the left side, which is where most tee shots will now end up.  If anything, it's a more interesting shot when trying to bounce a mid to long iron over the hill and onto the front, or carom it off one of the kick-boards and back to a front pin, as compared to flying a wedge to short iron at the pin.

For me, a bigger quibble would be that the angle and added length effectively remove the bowl on the right side of the fairway as a viable option for moderate-length hitters.  This is unfortunate, as I prefer the approach from that side, even with the blindness, to some pins.  If the new boxes were the only boxes available, the hole in my view would become too one-dimensional off the tee and with the approach compared to what it has been.

Jason Way

It seems to me that whether or not the hole is better from the new tees misses the point.  The hole is better WITH the new tees because they offer increased variety in length, looks, angles and strategy (especially when taking into account pin locations and wind).  All of this was accomplished by using what was previously wasted space, and without impacting that cool view of the back of 6 green.
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

BHoover

So will the club alternate between the new tees and the old tees?

Jason Way

Yes Brian.  And, as is customary, barring maintenance restrictions, players can play from whatever tee box they want when they want.
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

BHoover

Yes Brian.  And, as is customary, barring maintenance restrictions, players can play from whatever tee box they want when they want.

Seems like a win-win all around.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back