News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Harshbarger

Mulligan Marketing Concepts
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »
We have been contacted by Mulligan Marketing Concepts, a firm offering a golf course revenue generation campaigns.

For us, they are offering a full-out marketing blitz that will result in a significant increase in membership, at no up front cost, and then 20% of revenue from greens fees and memberships (at least).  Public courses look like the main market.

http://mulligangolfmarketing.com

They appear to be working mostly out of Illinois, Michigan, and a few other areas, but are branching out with a pseudo-franchise program which might explain why they are here in upstate. 

Does anyone know about them, what they do, how they are successful, and what the implications are for courses?

(We are a 9-hole semi-private in the Albany area).
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Jon Cavalier

Re: Mulligan Marketing Concepts
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 08:26:08 PM »
20% in revenue from the additional greens fees and memberships they bring in, or 20% on all your greens fees and memberships?
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

David Harshbarger

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:54:46 PM »
20% in revenue from the additional greens fees and memberships they bring in, or 20% on all your greens fees and memberships?

I think it is the latter but not 100% sure; working off another board member's notes.

Here's another link http://www.golfmarketingmmc.com/golf-course-marketing-home-word-document/
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Frank M

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:01:28 PM »
I'd always hesitate to hire a firm/agency for my marketing needs who cannot adequately market themselves. Not to be demeaning, but either one of those websites would qualify as horrible to me.

Personally, I'd much prefer to pay for whatever service I'm looking for up front than give up any "potential" profits.

David Harshbarger

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »
Frank, my take is that they are going after desperate course owners.  Fortunately, we aren't one of those.  But, we have no organized marketing arm either, and we have enough unused inventory that we could accommodate more play.

Another local course working with them has met their goal with them of Mon-Thu season passes.  If they combine that with a cross-sell/up-sell strategy once the players commit to regular play, I can see that as a winner. 

Having a holistic plan for revenue that starts with season passes as a loss-leader makes sense to me, if it's carried through.

The board member whose attention they got is following up, so we'll learn more.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 07:25:26 PM »
I would never hire a company whose website looks like that. What in the world...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back