News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Cirba

Re:Golf's Busiest Day of The Year.......
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »
Played nine holes at the world renowned Arrowhead Golf course in Douglassville PA, where there are 27 by the late John McLean, circa 1954.   I played the original "Blue Niine", 2500 yards, par 35, for all of $9.

With some boulder outcroppings directly in front of two greens, and a total of two sand bunkers (both on the par three 2nd hole), it was rudimentary architecture at its very best.

Mike Benham

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 10:51:25 AM »
I suggest we rename the Day after Thanksgiving the Slowest Golf Day of the Year ...

4 hours to play 13 holes at Metropolitan in Oakland with 3 groups on the par-4 14th, 2 more on the par-3 15th, which lead to a nice leasurely walk-in to the clubhouse ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 08:58:26 PM »
Well it was 65 here in DC today and I played Whiskey Creek with my 13 year old son - was a very special day as my son actually wanted to hit balls after we got done.  Unfortunate part was I lost my watch that was given to me by my dad 40 years ago.  

Bill Gayne

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 09:08:46 PM »
It was a great weather weekend in the mid-Atlantic region. I went out to Royal New Kent and it was short sleeves and sunshine. The ten day forecast is looking favorable for golf.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back