News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Pitner

Rancho Santa Fe
« on: March 30, 2006, 04:56:42 PM »
Has anyone played this course north of San Diego?  I believe it was designed by Max Behr and renovated recently.  How's the course?  Who did the renovations?  Any information would be appreciated.

Tom Huckaby

Re:Rancho Santa Fe
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 05:00:44 PM »
Tim - I played it a few years ago - I'm lucky to have a friend who's a member there.  It is a fantastic old course, quirky as hell, but there are some modern additions to it that do seem weird.  It is Max Behr originally - as for the rest, Tommy Naccarato is your man, or perhaps someone else will know.

If you have a chance to play it, run, don't walk - get yourself down there and do so.

TH

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »
Tim,

I believe San Diego resident Cary Bickler is reponsible for the recent renovations both at Rancho Santa Fe and La Jolla CC's.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Robert Mercer Deruntz

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 01:25:04 AM »
It is in great shape at the moment.  It was aerified 3 weeks ago and the USGA was involved.  It will host the US Junior later this summer.  The USGA is helping to undo the damage of a bunch of ignorant resort golfer types who currently are running the club away from its traditional low key unassuming profile.  The course was built to have no rough and play firm and fast with awesome recovery options for missed greens.  The USGA has reinstituted this feature--thank God!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back