News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Howard Ward on the ASGCA Meeting
« on: March 29, 2006, 08:31:07 AM »
Howard Ward, the golf columnist of The Pinehurst Pilot, covered the recent meeting. Here are his stories with some interesting quotes and vignettes, particularly the one about Rees Jones:

http://www.thepilot.com/golf/032606H-Ward.html

http://www.thepilot.com/golf/032606Architects.html
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

A_Clay_Man

Re:Howard Ward on the ASGCA Meeting
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:15:32 AM »
Well as bad as the golf writers are/were in the kingdom (monterey peninsula) I am shocked they aren't any better in Pinehurst N.C..

how computer renderings help course design

::)

Reading those articles epitomized the vaudevillian motto of always leave them wanting more. I just never knew how much more, until now.

Brad Klein

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »
Adam, don't forget, it's small town, everyone knows each other, and the newspaper caters to a local sensibility. Those articles are folksy, appreciative, and lite. Very lite.

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »
Adam, don't forget, it's small town, everyone knows each other, and the newspaper caters to a local sensibility. Those articles are folksy, appreciative, and lite. Very lite.

Sounds like Ed Bradley would fit right in!

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 10:23:22 PM »
Acutally, Adam, there was a very decent session on PhotoShop and how we are using it to show proposed designs vs. existing conditions.

I don't find the exercise at all funny or without merit. In fact, I think it is the single best use of computers in our field. Go ahead and  mock such expression — But I think one day you will look back on it and feel your recation was unfounded.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back