News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan_Callahan

Re: Golf's Worst Cart Path?
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 01:14:30 PM »

That looks similar to the cart path monstrosity at Newport National, which is otherwise a nice course.

Andrew Bernstein

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 03:05:39 PM »
    The pathos of pathes.

I have a suspicion that that bunker was constructed after the cart path was laid.  With the highway right (slice side), I suspect many were playing left edge which may have created a safety issue with players on approaching tees. 

Barney has the best answer.  . . .       The worst was the first.

It's also possible that going around the bunker would bring the path too close to the adjacent par-3 green.

Be sure to scroll to the right to see the other circled paths that have little to no explanation.

William_G

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
the first one, LOL
It's all about the golf!

JLahrman

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »
Be sure to scroll to the right to see the other circled paths that have little to no explanation.

The top one I'll give you for sure. Looks like the driving range is right there but the cart path could go outside the bunker without too much trouble.

The bottom one is tougher. If the path goes to the left of that fairway, the carts will be whizzing right by the green of one hole and then would be very near the landing point of sliced drives of another hole. To be honest, it looks like a routing problem. Doesn't that green on the hole that you've circled have to be getting bombarded with sliced drives from the hole above it? Not only do I not think there is a good spot for a cart path anywhere on that hole, I don't really think that hole should be there. But I haven't played the course. What do you think?

Ben Malach

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
Any of the cart paths at Highland Links could win this one hands down.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Joe Sponcia

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »
Public shaming is great.  Some group of idiots somewhere would surely say, "those cart paths make the hole".

Rule 4 of CC golf:  If it was there before you came, it's fine.  Leave well enough alone.
Joe

https://pillarsofgolf.wordpress.com

"If the hole is well designed, a fairway can't be too wide". - Mike Nuzzo

Andrew Buck

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 07:25:44 PM »
I'll look for a picture, and aerial doesn't do the uphill second shot full justice, but I'd be shocked if there is a worse example than 12 on Gull Lake View West in Augusta Michigan.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back