News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

If you show me yours . . .
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »
I know many people on this site have web locations where they have stored photographs.  Here is mine:  

http://photobucket.com/albums/b350/jasontopp/

There are pictures from

Sand Hills
Sutton Bay
New South Wales
Kingston Heath
Royal Melbourne
Barnbougle
Oak Ridge (my course)

Feel free to look.  If others are willing, I'd be interesting in browsing your collections.

Evan Fleisher

Re:If you show me yours . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:14:04 PM »
Jason,

What do you have your MAX PICTURE SIZE set to?
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Jason Topp

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:16:52 PM »
Evan - I have no idea, but I like the big ones and then edit and resave a smaller picture if I want to post it.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:09:58 PM »
Jason
thanks much for posting. From Barnbougle to Sand Hills, your pictures are as close as I'm going to get for a while...
P

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 08:17:59 PM »
What's the deal with Pete B. on your cover page...and...from the looks of your pics at Sand Hills the greens there are much more subtle than what I have seen at Cuscowilla and Bandon Trails....Is this so..

Jason Topp

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »
John:

Pete is on from my resizing of a photo and never getting it
back in the right folder.

I have never played any other C&C courses so I do not know if they are more subtle.  The greens certainly had a lot of little breaks in them that exposed an indifferent putt.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 09:38:34 AM »
Just started my own Photobucket account...

No course pictures yet, just...

* Photos of an article written about me in Golf Digest
* Sports Illustrated article about GCA from a few years ago

http://photobucket.com/albums/e201/evanjill/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 09:43:59 AM by Evan_Fleisher »
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Jason Topp

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 11:48:45 AM »
Thanks Evan.  I have never actually seen the SI article.

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 02:01:38 PM »
Evan - We need to get Ran to put that article from SI on here permanently so that everyone can read it when they want to. Good stuff, I hadn't read it since the actual copy came out.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 03:44:55 PM »
Glad I could oblige...hope it is okay (from a copyright perspective) that I have them posted where I do.

If Ran want's em, he's more than welcome to get 'em posted up here somewhere in a more permanent spot.

James Bennett

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 06:34:45 AM »
Evan

thanks for the photobucket articles.  I haven't seen them before - it was great to see some text I understood, and some larger-than-life individual's photos (or was that vice-versa?).

It encourages me to open a bucket  myself (photo, not chicken), soon!

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
Just started my own Photobucket account...

No course pictures yet, just...

* Photos of an article written about me in Golf Digest
* Sports Illustrated article about GCA from a few years ago

http://photobucket.com/albums/e201/evanjill/

Just a quick update about my PhotoBucket account.  I have recently added some new content...

* An album of some pretty funny golf COMIC STRIPS...enjoy!

* A few Scotland course photos...sure to add more over time

* All of the pictures I've taken of my home course, the Dubuque Golf & Country Club.  I've been meaning to do a My Home Course piece, but have yet to get around to it...at least you can take a somewhat guided tour of the place right now!  The first few photos are kind of cool...a friend of mine recently took a blimp flight over Dubuque and took some overhead shots for me...neat to see how close we actually are to the Mighty Mississipp!!!

Yannick Pilon

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 07:55:49 PM »
Jason,

Send me your e-mail and I will give you access to my account at mysticcolorlab.com.  There are 650 photos of:

Prestwick
North Berwick
St Andrews
Carnoustie
Royal Aberdeen
Cruden Bay
Royal Dornoch
Gleneagles - King

All you'll need to do is set up your own account with them to view the pictures.  (It's free.... and they take as many pictures as you want!)

Yannick Pilon
www.yannickpilongolf.com - Golf Course Architecture, Quebec, Canada

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 08:25:52 PM »
http://photobucket.com/albums/b67/bsleeman/

That one's got 80 photos from the recent honeymoon trip to Monterey (many of which I posted directly on GCA a few weeks ago).  Next week I'll start a new photobucket account with a few hundred more photos from the trip - I took about 300 more from Cypress, Pasatiempo, Olympic, Monterey Peninsula CC Shore, and Pacific Grove.

I'll post another message here when it's done.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back