GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Friar's Head

(1/6) > >>

Michael Dugger:
So I know it has been discussed and rediscussed and rehashed and so on until the cows come home...but what is the current situation here?  I've read that some of you have already played the course.  Is that all 18 holes?  Is it done, is it grown in, is it open?  Where are the pictures?  What's is the deal?  Is it instantly a top 15 in the U.S.?  We don't hear much out here in Oregon.  I'm getting impatient...I want my Friar's Head!

bakerg (Guest):
Kind of wondering the same thing.  I was hoping to get a sneek peak at it as well.  It sounds like the second coming of Sand Hills.  

guest:
Last I heard, they had a problem in court as they did not define the exact number of houses to be developed. Thus the course is there, some people have played but the legal status puts them in a position where less said the better right now. Reality is that Ken Bakst made some serious mistakes from a development standpoint (not golfing) with the local politics which is surprising as his partners the landowners are well respected in the area.

Michael Dugger:
Ok, nuff said.  Interesting how hot all this is.  I even got a private anonymous post from someone who explained how 'sticky' this situation has become.

Nevertheless, housing issues aside, environmental issues aside...all I care about is the stinkin' golf course.  Are we to fear that it is going to be dug up???  I mean really now.  I'm no undercover private investigator here.    

So, what's it like?  Comparisons?  Great views, sandy scrub areas.  Is it a top 10 in the U.S.?  Top 20?  Does it remind you of Cypress...Pine Valley...

Signiture holes, yardage, unique aspects???  

Anyone, anything??

guest:

--- Quote --- Are we to fear that it is going to be dug up???  I mean really now.  I'm no undercover private investigator here.    

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is exactly what could happen !!!

http://query.nytimes.com/search/full-page?res=9E0CE6DC1E3DF933A15753C1A9649C8B63

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version