News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

Lost Tree in N. Palm Beach
« on: August 15, 2005, 09:50:48 AM »
I had a chance to play Lost Tree in North Palm Beach last week when I was down there for my brother-in-law's wedding.  It's literally Jack's home course as his house is in the Lost Tree complex.  Anyone else ever play it.  What were your impressions?

Ben Cowan-Dewar

Re:Lost Tree in N. Palm Beach
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 11:31:09 AM »
Mike,
I remember talking about it with you when we played the Ocean Course, you used to live not far from there?

I played it a lot when I was younger and enjoyed it. Truly a housing track with the oceanfront given up for the housing development. There are some good holes, on generally unremarkable land.

Too bad you missed the bunker in the centre of the green, which put in years ago and taken out. Greg Norman used to live there too.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 11:31:17 AM by Ben_Dewar »

Paul Richards

Re: Lost Tree in N. Palm Beach
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:56:42 PM »
Has anyone played here since 2005?  Love to hear your thoughts.
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »
I like it. I'd personally place it a level below the likes of Pine Tree, CC of FL and Mountain Lake among the Florida courses I've played, but it's pleasant and walkable. The (very impressive) housing keeps its distance from the holes for the most part. It's in very good shape. Many of the greens are fairly narrow and angled, so it helps to be able to hit high irons that can be shaped both ways. Two short par 5s stand out to me as strong holes: #6 and #13. The back nine has what I'd call a very sociable routing, where there are multiple spots where groups on a busy day can walk by each other en route to different tee boxes and say hello. I like courses that do that more than courses that isolate groups from each other, by and large.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 09:36:24 AM »
I played it once about twenty years ago. I remember very few holes but do remember that I thought it was nice but I didn't need to return. The terrain was relatively interesting for Florida. I was a little let down, to be honest.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Scott Senior

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 04:17:44 PM »
I like it. I'd personally place it a level below the likes of Pine Tree, CC of FL and Mountain Lake among the Florida courses I've played, but it's pleasant and walkable. The (very impressive) housing keeps its distance from the holes for the most part. It's in very good shape. Many of the greens are fairly narrow and angled, so it helps to be able to hit high irons that can be shaped both ways. Two short par 5s stand out to me as strong holes: #6 and #13. The back nine has what I'd call a very sociable routing, where there are multiple spots where groups on a busy day can walk by each other en route to different tee boxes and say hello. I like courses that do that more than courses that isolate groups from each other, by and large.

I would also put it a level below Pine Tree, CC of Florida and Mountain Lake. My comment that I have jotted down in my notes...super upscale community with a very good "Florida course" nothing too memorable.

Bruce Katona

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
I had the opportunity several years ago to play Lost Tree with a member/resident.  I did get to see both JN's and GN's homes as he was a community resident.  I also remember taking a boat across the InterCoastal from fairway to green somewhere at the end of the round.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
Seeing Mike's name pop up like that is a punch to the gut. Rest In Peace.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back