News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Lightning Bug Golf Course At Solitude
« on: May 17, 2005, 11:33:34 AM »
Inspired by the Hidden Creek event, I will be meeting with the developer, architect and superintendent of Lightning Bug Golf Course At Solitude later this afternoon.  That is assuming I can follow the directions which include "take a left after the freshly harvested wheat field."  

Has anyone played it?

Mike
Poster In Exile
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

John_Cullum

Re:Lightning Bug Golf Course At Solitude
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 04:02:09 PM »
Please provide a full report on LBGCAS a/k/aThe Bug. I wish I could make it up for the event, I am certain a great time will be had.
Raynor was a hack

Mike Hendren

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 09:59:53 AM »
Not unlike some of America's great courses, Lightning Bug Golf Course maintains a very low profile.  A sign notes only the name of the farm upon which the course has been constructed and the year in which the owner's family acquired the property - 1802:

The guest is transformed to another world driving down the narrow private entry road.  

The golf course, named by the owner's six year old daughter, is less than 15 minutes from my house, yet I had never heard of it.  Hidden?  Yes.  A gem?  It depends.  

Perhaps after I get to know the owner a little better I'll ask if he minds a course profile on GCA, with Ran's permission as well.  

Mike

John_Cullum

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:58:56 AM »
I might be able to get a BBGE Rater for a day card. Do you think they'll comp me?
Raynor was a hack

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 11:03:04 AM »
I might be able to get a BBGE Rater for a day card. Do you think they'll comp me?

Sarge,

The good news:  EVERYBODY gets comped at The Bug.

Mike

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 11:26:03 AM »
Where is the club located I had a friend ask me about it the other day and I was unaware of it. Looks like a special place.

Lawrence

Mike Hendren

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 02:32:59 PM »
Lawrence,

I live in Brentwood and the course is about fifteen minutes away.  

Just received a call from a fellow HillBilly tour member inquiring as to whether The Bug is real.  

With apologies to Terri Hatcher, it's real - and its spectacular.

Mike

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 09:00:35 PM »
Mike,

I'm in Johnson City the eastern part of the state. The State Open is being played this week in your need of the woods at the atheletic club. What have you heard about the "Bug" we need together sometime and play. Have you played at Belle Meade since Rees Jones did some work to the course last year?

Lawrence

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back