News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Serendipity and Jaeger Kovich: A New Interview
« on: March 10, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »
It's interesting that golf's most beloved man and golf's least, had the idea to interview Jaeger Kovich at the nearly the same time. I hope that what you read (should you opt to click the link) will complement the interview piece found on GCA. I can attest that Jaeger was A) a thorough answerer of questions and B) A solid fellow to communicate with about the types of questions to ask. As something of an homage to holes and courses with multiple options, we included an Alternate Routing question in our piece.

http://buffalogolfer.com/wordpress/2016-interview-series-architect-and-builder-jaeger-kovich/

Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Bob Montle

Re: Serendipity and Jaeger Kovich: A New Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 09:20:55 AM »
Wow.  Fantastic interview Ron.   This one had my full attention from start to finish.
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

David Davis

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 09:48:02 AM »
Wow.  Fantastic interview Ron.   This one had my full attention from start to finish.

+1

Excellent interview and write up Ronald!
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Thomas Dai

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 03:50:11 PM »
Posts and threads by folks in-the-business such as Jaeger are always well worth reading so nice to read some more background. Thanks.
Atb

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 10:07:24 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot, and is very encouraging... Better get some rest now as I've got another day playing in the big sand box here in Florida bright and early tomorrow!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 08:10:56 PM »

Thanks, Bob. Any interviewer's biggest fear is this: http://golfclubatlas.com/feature-interview/buddy-marucci-august-2009/

Jaeger and nearly everyone else I've spoken with has given great amounts of material, to the benefit of readers.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »
David,

Thank you for the encouragement. The nine-question format works well, as it is not excessive for the subject. The inclusion of the open, final question is helpful, as it allows the subject to conclude the bit with her/his thoughts.

Ron M.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 10:22:33 AM »
Thomas,

That's one of the things I've learned best from the moderators of this site: if you get to the essential subject, you win. People in the business have been wonderfully accessible and I and readers are the beneficiaries of this largesse.

RM.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back