News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bryan Icenhower

Bill Coore in his words on pinehurst renovation
« on: May 03, 2014, 01:17:29 PM »
Looks like the USGA is doing a series of "Ask Bill Coore" questions, this one is about what he didn't want to change during the restoration of #2 ...
http://youtu.be/mlKca-qqPKM

And here is the first question in the series about restoration vs new ...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YR3j1hivER8

RJ_Daley

Re: Bill Coore in his words on pinehurst renovation
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »
This is the sort of presentation of which I think we need much more.  With the advances in website development, is it economically and website monitoring/maintenance wise, doable for a site like GCA.com?

The USGA apparently has undertaken this effort to allow its website followers to ask questions of Mr. Coore.  Isn't this a logical technological upgrade or next step to Ran's interviews.  I do think that the submitted written and answered submitted interview that Ran does is valuable because the respondents can give the answer a bit of thought before writing the reply down for further web participant discussion.  And, I do see how the on-camera thing may be a bit more intimidating or press the answer as more off the cuff than time taken to write a reply and not misstate a concept.  But, the inclusion of the fly over video while Mr. Coore speaks about the project design work, is invaluable. 

There seems to be very helpful aspects to each approach, written and video.  I wish we had both here on GCA where the inclusion of video is sometimes included to add to the respondent's thoughts.

It will be interesting if this thread gets more responses from our reader/participants than the USGA-YouTube pages.  I think the general public may be more intimidated to comment.  Maybe the number of hits and comments will greatly increase as the event date approaches.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Matthew Essig

Re: Bill Coore in his words on pinehurst renovation
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:06:29 PM »
Brillant idea by the USGA! Love it!
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back