News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ted Sturges

GCA.com Ratpack (there's a name missing)
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
OK, I admit that it has been several years since I was active on this site.  I must say I'm enjoying my return visit.  In looking at the names of the active posters here, there are several from the original crew (aka GCA.com Ratpack).  Ratpack names I notice who are still here include TEPaul, MacWood, Huckaby, Robert Huntley, Mucci, Doak, and of course, Golf's Most Beloved Figure...and others. 

But...where is Tommy?

I'll never forget walking into the hotel lobby at Apache Stronghold and being greeted by one of golf's most (in)famous characters...Mr. Nacarato. 

I'm sure there is a story as to why he's no longer here...

Hey Tommy...we're putting the band back together...we need you!

TS

Ted Sturges

Re: GCA.com Ratpack (there's a name missing)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »
The silence is deafening...

Phil McDade

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »
Ted:

You just have to know where to look......

http://maxslounge.com/index.php?board=8.0

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:33:38 PM »
A couple of years ago Tommy decided this place was not for him and started his own site.

http://maxslounge.com/index.php?action=register  

The membership is closed and I believe personally approved. Many participants from here are also on there.

Does that help?  Thought not. The internet is a strange place.

PS Welcome back. Didn’t we meet at Hoylake, where Ran described you as his personal nemesis?  Personably I’m 2-0 up on him, it’s not that hard is it?  ;)
Let's make GCA grate again!

Ted Sturges

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
A couple of years ago Tommy decided this place was not for him and started his own site.

The membership is closed and I believe personally approved. Many participants from here are also on there.

PS Welcome back. Didn’t we meet at Hoylake, where Ran described you as his personal nemesis?  Personably I’m 2-0 up on him, it’s not that hard is it?  ;)

Hey Tony,   Yes, we did meet at Royal Liverpool and thanks for the info on Tommy.  I got a few personal messages telling me the same.

And I'm delighted to be considered Ran's personal nemesis.  Our match play record goes back many years (and once upon a time, he could actually play), but I've been getting the best of him in recent years and feel certain I now hold a winning record in our epic saga.

TS

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 04:57:17 PM »

Hey Tony,   Yes, we did meet at Royal Liverpool and thanks for the info on Tommy.  I got a few personal messages telling me the same.

And I'm delighted to be considered Ran's personal nemesis.  Our match play record goes back many years (and once upon a time, he could actually play), but I've been getting the best of him in recent years and feel certain I now hold a winning record in our epic saga.

TS

Hey, even I am 1-0 but it was a four ball match on his home course so I'm not bragging.

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
FYI Tommy is the September Feature Interview, so stay tuned!

George_Bahto

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »
"I'll never forget walking into the hotel lobby at Apache Stronghold and being greeted by one of golf's most (in)famous characters...Mr. Nacarato. "

Ted, that's when you and I first met!!  - Fun time at Apache. 

Ted was the one that introduced me the golfclubatlas  ("you'd better get on there" - or something to that effect)

Sadly, I listened to him   :(
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »
Ted,

We haven't met, but i have been saving a hello to you from Sam MacKenzie for almost 7 years  I joined here in 2002, but have been quiet for about 6 years because I have been on the board and then prez of my club Olympia Fields.  A few periodic health issues too, which are now  cleared up.  I just became a civilian again and expect to become more active here again.  Moved too.

Anyways, greeting finally delivered. Give a buzz if you get to Chicago (Or Kansas City)

Jeff Goldman
That was one hellacious beaver.

Ted Sturges

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 08:54:56 AM »
To George:   Hello old friend.  Long time no talk to.  Hope you are well.  So....I met 2 of golf's most infamous people on that visit to Apache Stronghold.  What year was that?  What are you working on golf-wise these days?

To Jeff Goldman:  Nice of you to reach out.  Please give my best to Sam.  He was a pleasure to work with during my time on the Broadmoor Green Committee.  I've actually never been to Olympia Fields, and would love to meet you and see the course sometime (and see Sam too). 

To Randolph:  Tommy as your feature interview will be "must see internet".  I look forward to that. 

TS

Rich Goodale

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
). 

To Randolph:  Tommy as your feature interview will be "must see internet".  I look forward to that. 

TS

"Randolph!"  Is  brother John''s real name "Mortimer?"   Can Tommy N really be "Billy Ray?"
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

JESII

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 12:53:07 PM »
I will not insult you, Rich, by saying "great minds..."

Rich Goodale

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »
I will not insult you, Rich, by saying "great minds..."

You ennoble me, Jim, particularly as it is a Philly Philm....
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
Gib brought mein and that led to friendships with the above group. I would never refer to them as such for they so unique as individuals but greats guys one and all

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back