News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bret Swanson

Bret, give me a call when you arrive and I'll help you get setup at Diamante. You will have to sit through a 90 minute presentation and pay $306 but you can access the course. The presentation is not quite as pain free as Jud suggests but they do have some interesting sales options. Weekly, monthly, full ownership... all include access to the Dunes Course. These sales tee times are usually limited to afternoon times after sitting through the presentation. No presentation required here at Cabo del Sol and would like to hear your thoughts on the new holes.

Thanks a lot, Greg. Don't know yet which days we're playing Cabo del Sol, but can't wait. Will give you a ring. Much appreciated.

Bret

Bret Swanson

Greg, as I mentioned in my note, 6 and 7 are GREAT. We played a week ago today. The wind really gives you lots of different holes. We played 6 directly into a 3-4 club wind to a back pin. Very tough. I hit a 4 iron hole high into the rough just short of the right bunker. Then, turning right, 7 is a completely different look, feel, and challenge -- for me, a little knock down 8 iron from 125 to a middle hole in the depression. With the wind now crossing from the left and hurting a bit, I hit it to 12 feet but just onto the back rise. Had to hit a putt back down (up?) into the low area.

6 is a big, brawny, rocky, ocean hole. 7 is then a more delicate hole laid gently on the beach -- not next to the beach, but on the beach -- where the sand subtly becomes a formal bunker on the left and blends into the dune on the right. All the putts at Ocean are fun because the greens are firm and fast, and roll true, with lots of interesting slopes and gentle tiers, but the ocean and mountains offer lots of optical illusions and tricky breaks and are always on your mind. So cool.

The day before we played I took the 5-minute walk down the beach right onto 7 and took some photos (to follow) before being chased off by the sentry. Sorry! Played Desert on Monday this week. Another terrific course. Same cool effects on the greens, where everything breaks toward the "big rock." My nine-year old daughter rode with us both days and loved it. Not a bad way to introduce the next generation to golf.

Congratulations on making a great course even better. Can anyone match your four par 3s? I know for certain nobody can match the shrimp tacos. Out of this world.

Bret Swanson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back