News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Mayhugh

Re: Kawana (Fuji)
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »
Great photo tour.  I've only been on one golf course in Japan and it had very little architectural merit.  You've convinced me I must take the clubs with me one of these days.

Those rule breaking anecdotes are hilarious.

Sean_A

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 03:15:28 AM »
Rob

Thanks for the pix.  The land looks to be superb for golf and I like how some of the high bunker shoulders seem to fit right in.  Did the course seem tight in places? 

Ciao

New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Andrew Bertram

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 04:41:50 AM »
Thanks

great pics Rob

I am spenng 9 days in Japan in 4 weeks and after seeing these i cannot wait
The following are on teh agenda for the week

Kawana
Tokyo
Kasumagaseki
hirono
naruo

At Kawana Mr Kato has been unbelievably helpful and could not have done any more than he did to arrange golf for us.

I was told not to bother with Tokyo or kasumagaseki but could not have found them more welcoming.
Both have arranged for an assistant pro to play with me and my assistant pro i am taking.

The managers at Hirono and Naruo have also been helpful, although we are playing with members there.

Your photos have very much increased my expectations :D

jonathan_becker

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 09:57:25 AM »
Thanks, Rob.  Great photos

Going off of what Sean Arble asked about the tightness of the course, a few of the fairways do look really narrow.  Is this the way they prefer it or is it a mowing concern or something else?  On the yardage book overviews of each hole, it looks like the fairways are 10 yards wide and each hole is mostly rough.  If you wouldn't have shown the photos, I would've guessed that there's nowhere to hit it.  Obviously, that's not the case, but it still looks pretty tight.  Yet, on the par 3 5th, the entire hole looks like fw cut.   I'm just curious.  :)

Either way on the explanation, Kawana looks like a lot of fun.

Rob Miller

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:30 PM »
Jonathan- thanks.  It was a great experience.  For the majority of the holes I didn't feel that the fairways were particularly tight.  The challenge was finding a good route to the green and navigating the green complexes.  Pebble in comparison (arrived today) feels tighter and much more penal if you are not accurate. 

Rob Miller

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »
Thanks

great pics Rob

I am spenng 9 days in Japan in 4 weeks and after seeing these i cannot wait
The following are on teh agenda for the week

Kawana
Tokyo
Kasumagaseki
hirono
naruo

At Kawana Mr Kato has been unbelievably helpful and could not have done any more than he did to arrange golf for us.

I was told not to bother with Tokyo or kasumagaseki but could not have found them more welcoming.
Both have arranged for an assistant pro to play with me and my assistant pro i am taking.

The managers at Hirono and Naruo have also been helpful, although we are playing with members there.

Your photos have very much increased my expectations :D

Andrew- sounds like an outstanding trip.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the courses.  PM me if you are in Kobe-Osaka and have some free time to grab a bite or a drink. 

jonathan_becker

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 11:38:45 PM »
Rob,

Remember that the current fairways at Pebble are tighter than normal in prep for the Open.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back