News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Freeman

Gents,

The group size has been finalized with the club and the event has been set.  I apologize for starting another thread but it is easier this way.  Details are as follows:

Where:  Lost Dunes Golf Club - Bridgman, MI

When:  May 15th & 16th, 2010

Teams - "East vs. West":

East
1. Tom Doak
2. Ken Fry
3. Jonathan Becker
4. Rich Hetzel
5. Jon Heise
6. Kris Belcher
7. Matt O'Brien
8. Ari Techner
9. Jin Kim
10. Patrick Boyd
11. Carl Nichols
12. Brad Tufts
13. Andrew Lewis
14. Matt Harrison
15. Bill Steele
16. Matt Schmidt
17. Tim Nugent
18. TBD - Captain's Pick

West
1. George Freeman
2. Eric Terhorst - Sat only
2a. Zack Molnar - Sun only
3. Chuck Brown
4. Jeff Tang
5. Jim Tang
6. Jon Winick
7. Dave Schmidt
8. Dan Moore - Sat only
8a. ___________ - Sun only
9. Sven Nilsen
10. Kevin Cahoon
11. Mike Kennedy
12. Rob Bice
13. Chris Flamion
14. Steve Salmen
15. Pat Craig
16. David Cronan
17. Mark Smolens
18. ____________

Alternates:

** Still have one open spot for Sundays round.

Lodging:  The club has been gracious enough to reserve all five of their cottages for our group and I would love to have as many people as possible stay in them.  Each cottage has four bedrooms and each bedroom has two queen size beds and a separate bathroom.  Price is $160 per room per night (i.e. $80 per bed, double occupancy).

**ALL TIMES EASTERN STANDARD**

Golf:  The first groups will tee-off on Saturday around 1-1:30 pm.  Sunday tee-times will start around 7:30 am.  

Golf will be $105 per day, which includes a cart.  Caddies will be available for anyone who wants one - $50/bag plus tip (suggested $25-30).  All foursomes must have at least one Caddy, so if everyone is in a cart, a forecaddie will be needed - $50/foursome plus tip (suggested $10-15 per bag).

Format:  Hasn't been finalized yet but we're thinking best ball matches on Saturday and either alternate shot or singles matches on Sunday.  All match-play (of course).

Food:  Even though their kitchen usually isn't open this time of year, the club has been generous enough to fire it up for us as an accommodation.  Food and prices will go as follows:

*As a disclaimer, the food at Lost Dunes is rumored to be EXCELLENT*

Saturday Lunch pre-golf: Box lunch w/ turkey wraps, chips, snickers and a drink - $12
Saturday Dinner: Buffet for our group w/ Chicken, pasta, salad, etc. - $25
Sunday Breakfast:  Breakfast buffet - $10
Sunday Lunch:  Pizza buffet - $10

Ideally we'll have everyone partaking in all the meals above, but if for some reason you can't do lunch on Saturday or lunch on Sunday, let me know so I can give the club an accurate # for each meal.

Unfortunately we cannot bring our own bottles of wine due to state regulations.  All alcohol will be Al a Carte.

Other:  Saturday evening after dinner, hopefully we can persuade Tom to speak about Lost Dunes and have a Q&A.  Should be awesome (we did this at the Kingsley Club with Mike DeVries and it was great).

I am assuming everyone on the list has confirmed, so if for some reason you now cannot attend, please let me know ASAP.

Nothing formal has been set up for Saturday morning as far as additional golf.  There are plenty of options available in the area.  It sounds like some guys are already planning on playing the Warren Course in South Bend.

** Special thanks to Tom Doak and Pete Han, the head pro at Lost Dunes, for the help setting this up.  It couldn't have happened w/ out them.  Also, Sean Arble has been generous enough to donate a Mashie for the event which will serve as our trophy and will be held by the winning team for the year.

Questions/comments welcome.

Looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:41:01 AM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

JC Jones

my feelings are still hurt
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

George Freeman

Wish you could make it JC!!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

George Freeman

I just edited the list as Michael Hendren notified me that he can't make a hard confirm.  Paul Thomas has moved up into his spot.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Carl Nichols

George:
Thanks to you and Tom (and Pete Han) for setting this up.  Are the cabins available both nights, or just Saturday?
Thanks again,
Carl

Rob Bice

I'm looking forward to the event.  Although I should be on the Chicago side and my first name is Rob.  Thanks again for organizing everything.
"medio tutissimus ibis" - Ovid

Matt Schmidt

Excellent! Thank you for setting this up.  

I'm willing to share a room with a non-snoring participant, or I'll take my own room if available.  Whatever works best/is easiest for the organizers.

George Freeman

I'm looking forward to the event.  Although I should be on the Chicago side and my first name is Rob.  Thanks again for organizing everything.

Sorry Rob, it's been fixed.

We can finagle the teams once we get there if guys feel the need to swap (Paul Thomas for instance is from Chicago too).
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Rob Bice

Thanks George.  I would be happy to play for either side.
"medio tutissimus ibis" - Ovid

Mark Smolens

George,
Glad I made the cut.  If you need formal confirmation for your list, I'm in for golf, caddy, food, and accommodation, tho I'm told that I snore (I can neither confirm nor deny this fact).  Feel free to place me in a room with another snorer as I intend to drink enough Miller Lites that he won't bother me. . .

George Freeman

Just to wet the whistle:

From Ran's profile:

From the website:
Mayhugh is my hero!!

George Freeman

Also, for anyone on the fence about the cabins, have a look.  They appear to be very well appointed:

Mayhugh is my hero!!

Jud_T

George,

Pencil me in for a single room if available, otherwise double is fine, caddy both days and all meals. Thanx! I forgot about the silly Michigan corkage laws.  Only cloud on what is setting up to be an awesome event! But how the heck did we lose Tim Nugent from the Chicago side? 
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

George Freeman

George,

Pencil me in for a single room if available, otherwise double is fine, caddy both days and all meals. Thanx! I forgot about the silly Michigan corkage laws.  Only cloud on what is setting up to be an awesome event! But how the heck did we lose Tim Nugent from the Chicago side? 

Jud,

Will do.  Thanks.

As you can see, we're a little overweight w/ the Chicago/West folks...
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Tim Liddy

I would like a single as well if possible (have had bad experiences with loud sleepers in the past).  Thanks for everything. It sounds like fun.

Jin Kim

Thanks to those who made this possible.  I'm in for all meals and a room in a cottage.  Single room preferred.  Also definitely want a caddy.

I assume best way to get there is to fly to Chicago and drive.  Anyone know how long a drive it is?

Jud_T

about 1:45 from O'hare...fly into Midway if possible, then only about 1:15.......
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Ken Fry

Gents,

I can attest the food at Lost Dunes is outstanding and the cabins are first rate.  Sounds like a great weekend all around.

Ken

PCCraig

Sounds like a great weekend and thanks to all who havehelped to set it up!

Sign me up for a room in one of the cabins, and I'm all for a double room as after enough Goose Island's I could sleep next to a polar bear and not know it!  :P

I'll probably take a caddy as well. Once we know the groupings we can figure out if there are other guys taking loopers and people can utilize double bagger.

Sign me up for at least the dinner and breakfast at LD. I can't make any promises that I won't be making a stop at Redamaks either on the way there or back for a burger!!! :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
H.P.S.

Patrick Hodgdon

Website has been updated with a schedule tab and a golf pairings tab.

www.midwestmashie.com

I'll update both lists if you post here (or pm me) that you want a caddy and/or if you specify your room requests.

Also George, even though Captain Tom already rejected me once from the East team I would be happy to play for them and give one of the Chicago guys a spot on the West since my Minneapolis roots and current FL digs allow me to swing either way.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:08:19 PM by Patrick Hodgdon »
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Michael Kennedy

George,
As an alternate, I am definitely interested in a Sunday round and am happy to come off the bench for Saturday if needed.  Thanks again!

RSLivingston_III

Wish I could play, then there might actually be someone playing with a Mashie.

As for airports, it might be worth looking into Kalamazoo. Should be only 30-45 min. away.
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Tom_Doak

If everyone on the East team would check in with me and let me know their handicaps, and who on the team they already know, I'll try to figure out who to pair up accordingly.

I hope that everyone will be open to the idea of alternate-shot play on Sunday instead of singles.  For one thing, we'll get out of the members' way more quickly; for another, it's great fun, and it lets you look at the golf course a bit more instead of focusing so much on your score.  Remember, this is a TEAM event, and not just a chance for you to play Lost Dunes at a good rate.

P.S.  I have never captained a team like this before; now I wish I had hit up Ben Crenshaw to get me a bunch of those cool Sunday shirts from Brookline.  ;)

Kevin Cahoon

George,

As one of the alternates, I will happily play Sunday for Dan or Eric. If space becomes available for both days, that will work as well.

Kevin

George Freeman

If everyone on the East team would check in with me and let me know their handicaps, and who on the team they already know, I'll try to figure out who to pair up accordingly.

West team, please do the same!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back