News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

stimulas money for GCArch...shovels, rakes and machetees
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:08:34 PM »
the government has been after me of late....a contract to travel and consult nationally to advise clubs about how to reduce costs.

stimulus stuff.

not sure what i should do.

the tools that i love and understand the best are shovels, rakes and machetees. no moveable parts...which work's the best for me. simple things to use.

I really love the shovel the best. I could write a book on how to combine one with one's body movements, get something done the easiest, actually produce results, and work all day and every day....make it your friend, and one that you enjoy the time spent together.

rakes are similar and are great back up. they aren't shovels, but they sure make the tougher stuff refined and that's the symbiotic reward.

machetee's are the shock troops. blaze a trail, make space. i've cut many a big cactus that were bigger than me and cutting limbs that are dense and water filled is an experience. its' a gravity thing.

if i do answer the stimulus call, i think i'll leave the shovel and rake home...but take the machete.

but to be honest, i have been just fooling about any stimulus stuff...but i'm ready if it comes or calls.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:54:51 PM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Mike Cirba

Re: stimulas money for GCA...shovels, rakes and machetes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:14:41 PM »
Paul,

Pass the hoe and till...I'm ready to sign up!

TEPaul

Re: stimulas money for GCA...shovels, rakes and machetes
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:18:19 PM »
Perhaps the most fascinating and thought-provoking opening post of any thread ever put on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com!!

Only problem is it probably requires a real understanding of history, golf architectural history and otherwise that some to most may not possess or even want to possess or consider.

Congratulations Pablo, you are a classic---an original outside-the-box American thinker with at least one foot firmly planted in the practical beauties of history most of us may never know or appreciate, to our eternal misfortune!

Mac Plumart

Re: stimulas money for GCA...shovels, rakes and machetees
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »
Paul could be the Tilly of this Depression/Recession!

I'll write a letter to my Senator to see if I can have my tax dollars earmarked for the Cowley Golf Course Stimulus Fund.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Steve Lang

Re: stimulas money for GCA...shovels, rakes and machetees
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
 8) one small job for man, one giant leap for jobdom
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

John_Cullum

Re: stimulas money for GCArch...shovels, rakes and machetees
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »
So what is up with HI?
Raynor was a hack

paul cowley

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »
john....sorry about not answering your earlier inquiry.

it's growing grass about 2+ inches high.

not sure beyond that.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

John_Cullum

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
I have a funny story about it, but I better not put it in writing
Raynor was a hack

Tom_Doak

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 09:50:01 AM »
Mr. Dye introduced me to a shovel and a rake my first day at Long Cove.  Said they were still the two most valuable pieces of equipment on the course, and I believe he meant it.  Our interns can tell you they all get the same introduction.

Paul is right, a lot could be improved in that way.  But the question everywhere these days is, who's going to pay for anything?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back