News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: A Pictorial: Golspie!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:10 AM »
Kyle -

Nice job with the pics! You have captured the look and feel of the course very well.

When the British Amateur was held at Dornoch in 1985, Golspie was used as the 2nd course for the 36-hole qualifier.

I would encourage anyone making the journey to Dornoch to spend an extra day or two (or three!) in the area to play Golspie, Brora and/or Tain. You will not be disappointed playing any of these courses. At a course like Golspie, the additional green fee revenue from an extra 50 or 100 visitor rounds each year goes a long way to helping these clubs balance their annual budget.

DT   

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »
Great pictures Kyle

I played Golspie in 1999 when I first went to Dornoch.  At a distance of nearly ten years I recall little of the course from your photographs but they encourage me to return there next time I'm in the Dornoch area.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:24:11 AM by Andrew Mitchell »
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »
Where can we see the photos?

John Mayhugh

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »
Another great tour.  The 16th looks like a tough one.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
Great pictures, Golspie looks yet another must play.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

David_Tepper

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »
I hope anyone heading for the Highlands and thinking of playing Golspie will get in touch with me. I have been a member there since 2002 and I am in & around the Dornoch/Goslpie area 6 or 7 weeks each year. I would be delighted to show you around the course, as I did with Kyle. As a guest of a member, the green fee is just 10 pounds and I have never come close to using up my allocation of 12 "guest of member" rounds in any year.

Even if I am not around, I might be able to help you get a game there.   

Bill_McBride

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
I hope anyone heading for the Highlands and thinking of playing Golspie will get in touch with me. I have been a member there since 2002 and I am in & around the Dornoch/Goslpie area 6 or 7 weeks each year. I would be delighted to show you around the course, as I did with Kyle. As a guest of a member, the green fee is just 10 pounds and I have never come close to using up my allocation of 12 "guest of member" rounds in any year.

I can verify the last.  When my gang of 8 was in Dornoch just about a year ago, David arranged for a match of our guys against 8 Golspie members.  The morning there was a highlight of our trip.  The members were very hospitable and gracious although they did win the fourball matches 2-1.2 to 1-1/2.   By the time we got back to Dornoch for our 3 p.m. afternoon round, we were well warmed up indeed!

Rob Rigg

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »
Kyle - Stop making me so jealous!!!

Just kidding, keep the photo tours coming - this is awesome stuff!

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 12:23:32 PM »

Do not pass on this invitation!!! The Teppster reigns supreme!
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Scott Warren

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »
Kyle,

I missed this at the time but just had a look to whet my appetite for a trip I am taking in May.

Wow!

That photo of #9 may be the most awesome photo I have seen of a golf hole but for the bloke on the mower!

John Pflum

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 03:28:38 PM »
I had a great time when I played Golspie last May.  The most memorable part of the round was my caddy, named Patty.  We called her "Patty the Chatty Caddy".  She did a terrible job in her caddy duties but she was a joy to accompany on the course.  She was a retired school teacher and turned us on to a wonderful Scotch called Jura.

Here's to you, Patty!!! 
--
jvdp

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »
Yesterday evening, I played Golspie as the guest of David and along with Jon Wigget.

Am I glad I did.

Absolutely not to be missed with an amazing set of greens which are in terms of interest (if not scale), up there in Scotland with The Old Course, Dornoch and Machrihanish as the best I can think of from the top of my head...

The Par-3's - five absolute beauties

The heathland holes - 8 & 9 rival anything at Gleneagles

Plus quirk... and variety...

Great stuff...

Thomas Dai

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »
Yesterday evening, I played Golspie as the guest of David and along with Jon Wigget.
Am I glad I did.
Absolutely not to be missed with an amazing set of greens which are in terms of interest (if not scale), up there in Scotland with The Old Course, Dornoch and Machrihanish as the best I can think of from the top of my head...
The Par-3's - five absolute beauties
The heathland holes - 8 & 9 rival anything at Gleneagles
Plus quirk... and variety...
Great stuff...

Very accurate summary and well said. Top place/course.

If you're in the area and have the opportunity to play Golspie take it, you'll look back with regret if you don't.

atb

Jim Eder

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »
I totally agree with Thomas and Ally. Not only very interesting and fun but it was also in excellent shape the last time I was there. The people at the club are outstanding as well, so nice. I always visit multiple times when I am in that area and I never get bored playing it. Wonderful experience. I can't wait to get back.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back