News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Bandon miscellany
« on: January 14, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »
A week+ long high pressure area is off the coast at Bandon and they are getting a lot of last minute play. TJ said a lot of people are coming up. Ideal play at 60 degrees+ and low winds.

Rickshaw drivers at Bandon Dunes and Pacific Dunes are in for a break as the railroad tie paths are going the way of dodoes, replaced with easy walking coarse walkways. At BD the 2d and 3d hole paths are done, and at PD the 2nd, 11-12 transit and the area around the snack shack are redone.

And it is ironic that you can ride in a car with studded snow tires to a course with a soft-spike policy.

Kalen Braley

Re: Bandon miscellany
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
Pete,

This is indeed true.  Throw in off-season rates that are very affordable, and Monday being a holiday for many and this would be a sweet trip.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 59.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 57.
Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
M.L.King Day: Sunny, with a high near 55.

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »
If Bandon was about 5-6 hours away from Chicago I would make the trip.
H.P.S.

Jed Peters

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
Let's hope it stays like this through february 12th...

Mark Smolens

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »
Maybe, but with a high temp. of -some friggin thing tomorrow in Chicago, I like my weekend with Mom (TPC Champions, Saguaro, Apache Stronghold, and TS North).  Sure hope this knee can get thru all 4 without riding. . .

Scott Weersing

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 08:00:09 AM »

I noticed the great forecast for this week. I wish I could fly out there

The railroad ties were looking worn out when I was last there. They were also very slippery in the morning frost. Just one more example of making the place better for the guests.

What is going on at Old Macdonald this month?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 08:18:17 AM »
Very little is happening at Old Macdonald right now.  They're getting ready to start irrigation, and we didn't want to get too far ahead of them, with six of the eight new holes already pretty much shaped.  We'll start cleaning up after the irrigation in February and plant the rest of the holes in March and April (and probably into the middle of May).

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 02:22:45 PM »
Pete,
You're making it very difficult for me to resist the call...

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:25:09 PM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Jim Adkisson

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
Let's hope it stays like this through february 12th...

Jed, I will be in Bandon for Sunday Feb 8th through Tuesday the 10th...First tee times each day with afternoon replays...We are also playing at Crossings on Saturday in the afternoon...

Let me know if you are there at the same time and we can meet for a beverage at McKees.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back