News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pat Burke

Re: Soule Park--Saturday December 13th Who's in/Who's out?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 12:18:33 AM »
Pat,
Thats what I figured, thus left you off the list. On the positive side of things, to all Pat worked on a few of my swing flaws on Thanksgiving and honestly, after the way I hit the ball yesterday at El Niguel, my swing is on a steady road to super-stardom!

You have a gift Patrick. You have a gift. Any of you that don't look him up for a lesson, well your missing out.

Now hiring Tom as my agent
Where are my business cards? :D

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 01:22:20 AM »
Remember now, I get 20% off of the top for each lesson given! ;)

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
Bump - how many top flites need to be donated.....
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 04:40:27 PM »
A few thoughts about Saturday.  There may be a small frost delay.  So plan on getting there right at tee times, 7 AM, and be ready to eat breakfast in the dining room if there is a delaly.  There is hot food beginning at 7 AM.  This will make it tight for those playing again, but if the course is not crowded in the PM, you can fly for a 2nd 18.  I suggest we congregate at Antonio's, the little Mexican Restaurant in town.  This will be after round one, unless everyone is going again, which I doubt.  Plenty of good patio seating.  We can even schedule a second seating there for the 36 hole dudes.  I will have their business cards for the address.  I think it is on Montgomery, a few yards off the main drag, Ojai Ave.
I will also pass out comments from Gil Hanse and my comments on the course.  Let the debate begin.
I was just there an hour ago hitting balls.  72 degrees and in 45 minutes only one group went out.  SoCal's best kept secret.  The course appears ready, are you?
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Brad Tufts

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »
And post some pictures!!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 07:13:45 PM »
OT - Is that Route 33 as cool in person as it looks on a map?

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »
Dan,
And then some. Very rustic land, where sometimes the road gets down to one lane because Arnie refuses to fix our highways and byways. Honestly, there isn't a more beauitful way to get into Ojai, but in doing so, you give up seeing the ocean for about 30 seconds. 33 runs off of 101, runs through Ojai, up the hill out of Ojai (what a view) and then gets into the rustic areas that are perfect for burying a dead body. (Has anyone seen Lou? ::))

Eventually you end up in Fillmore, which many of you have seen many times in movies and on TV.

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 12:23:01 AM »
Here's who we have so far tomorrow:

Me (Not to be confused with Ricky Bobby)
"Diamond" Lynn Shackelford
Jon "Mr. Access Whore" Spaulding
Jeremy "The New Guy" Ruduck
Robert "The Chosen One" Duruntz
Lou "The Pearl" Duran
David "The Thread Killah" Moriarty
And introducing, extra special guest, here in town for a one weekend golfing extravaganza, the great, the one, the only......
Lloyd "Don't confuse my voice with Nat King" Cole!

I have not heard from
"Bend it Like" Benham. (don't worry, I'll be waiting to pick you up at Burbank Airport.  Bring Mr. Sahnta Klaarah with you. Might as well include Pieracchi)
C. Sturges
Joe Perches (I have to call him)
Rob Paulis (has to check in for his tee time)
(Who else am I forgetting ?)

If any of you want to show up, feel free to do so. Pairings will happen out at the course. A great effort will be made to keep messers. Moriarty and Duran apart. Please do not hold this event organizer responsible....

Aidan, Where are you?????

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 06:17:38 AM »
Ricky, Cal Naughton Jr. (my brother) is in. 

I requested that he wear his tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 07:02:11 AM »
Ricky, Cal Naughton Jr. (my brother) is in. 

I requested that he wear his tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

Yes, of course, how could I forget?!?!?

Wherever there is Ricky Bobby, Cal Naughton Jr. is close by there with him.

Time for some Shake....and..... Bake! Shake & Bake!

The revised list, which I was this [] close to getting Ian Larson there late last night!

Leaving in five minutes to meet Duruntz, pick up Lloyd in Santa Monica and then make the move on up to Ojai. the Ojai Push!

The revised list:

Me (Not to be confused with Ricky Bobby)
Ricky "Mr. Cal Naughton Jr." Spaulding
"Diamond" Lynn Shackelford
Jon "Mr. Access Whore" Spaulding
Jeremy "The New Guy" Ruduck
Robert "The Chosen One" Duruntz
Lou "The Pearl" Duran
David "The Thread Killah" Moriarty
And introducing, extra special guest, here in town for a one weekend golfing extravaganza, the great, the one, the only......
Lloyd "Don't confuse my voice with Nat King" Cole!

I have not heard from
"Bend it Like" Benham. (don't worry, I'll be waiting to pick you up at Burbank Airport.  Bring Mr. Sahnta Klaarah with you. Might as well include Pieracchi)
C. Sturges
Joe Perches (I have to call him)
Rob Paulis (has to check in for his tee time)
(Who else am I forgetting ?)

Mike Benham

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »

Still out ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back