GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Rarity Mountain Images

<< < (2/7) > >>

Randy Thompson:
Nice, looks dye difficult and dye expensive though. Bet their glad there not breaking ground now!

Matt Varney:
Randy,

We are focused and we will have this course completed and ready for play by May 2009.  You go into any project like this expecting to spend money you can't build a golf course on the cheap and you always have unexpected costs.

The Honors Course is in Tennessee and it was designed by Pete Dye working with his son P.B. Dye in 1983 so now 25 years later we are working with the same team and we had a plan from the start.  This golf course will have all bent grass playing surfaces with bluegrass rough and tall ornamental fescue grasses along with wildflowers in the natural areas that border conservation lands.

Its fair and honest if you hit it straight and you have a good iron game you can score on this course the green complexes have nice movement.  If you play the wrong tees and hit it bad off the tee you better bring some balls its going to be a tough!  Regardless the setting in the mountains is killer and you will at least enjoy the vews and scenery if you play bad. 

RBlair:
Matt

It looks like things are going well up in the mountians.  I started to come up that way earlier this week when we had an outing here all day.  I would like to come back for another visit now that you have so many holes with grass.  I guess I better hurry before it get to cold.

Ryan Blair, CGCS

Matt Varney:
Ryan,

Give me a call 300-9660 and we can get together and go up and see the course.  It has changed a ton since you last came up when we were shaping and starting grassing on the front nine.  I played Holston Hills late last month and it was perfect tees, fairways and greens rolled amazing some of the best I played all year. 

We played 18 then kept on playing until it was dark hitting shots off the tee and into the green on #6 until you couldn't see anything.  I hated to see the day come to an end on such a nice golf course having fun with friends.

Have a nice weekend!

MDV

Eric Smith:
Shaping up to be a beautiful mountain course Matt, Mr. Ross must be proud.  Keep up the good work.  I hope to squeek out one more hall pass from the Mrs. after the Dixie Cup this weekend and I'll save it for my trip to Jellico (man that sounds odd, doesn't it?) When I was at UT, Jellico was our beer / pit stop on the way up to play the UK 'Cats, nothing else there --until now!

June next year huh?! Hmm, looks like RM is shaping up to be very 5th Major worthy... 8) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version