News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chip Gaskins

Re: San Francisco Golf Club w/o sunset direction (pics)
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »
Chip:
If PV, CPC, and RCD are your top 3, where do you put SFGC?  How about Olympic Lake, which I believe you were also going to play on this trip?
I love Olympic, and have never played SFGC, but from these pictures SFGC seems much more interesting to me. 

I did play Olympic and am trying to get those pictures up and posted on a new website i am building.

I liked both SFGC and Olympic a lot. 

I prefer SFGC to Olympic mainly because Olympic is too dag gum hard.  If I was a member there I would have to start fishing.  I think SFGC has a lot more options in ways to play holes also.  Olympic is a US Open course, SFGC is a challenging but fun members course.

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 12:56:02 PM »
An absolutely incredible golfing experience if every aspect of the word.

Chip,

How was the conditioning?? Looking at your pictures it seems to be nice but not as perfect as I have seen it at other times. Considering the time of year (SF has its best weather in September) I would expect it to be flawless. Maybe the photos were a tad misleading.

P.S. I don't know if I have played a set of greens anywhere that are kept a such a consistently perfect level.

Robert

Robert-

Conditioning was perfect...9 out of 10.  Again the greens were as smooth as I have played west of the Mississippi.  The bent grass was thriving.

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »
Would you want to play this course everyday, knowing that the front gate shuts at 7:00pm come hell or high water?

Really?

BTW, does anyone else think the bunker on #7 looks out of place? Does it look better in person? Was it there before?

Really. A terrific experience nevertheless.

The bunker as it appears in Chip's picture is a little deceiving, it stays pretty close to the green's dimensions (for some reason Chip's picture makes it look like it extends well in front of the green). The bunker previously only flanked the back right half of the green. It makes for a much more difficult tee shot. I naturally favor a draw, so I found this tee very intimidating.

The caddies told us they just completed an extension on that bunker a few days earlier.  It does reach around the entire right and front of the green now.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 12:58:55 PM »
Chip:
If PV, CPC, and RCD are your top 3, where do you put SFGC?  How about Olympic Lake, which I believe you were also going to play on this trip?
I love Olympic, and have never played SFGC, but from these pictures SFGC seems much more interesting to me. 

I did play Olympic and am trying to get those pictures up and posted on a new website i am building.

I liked both SFGC and Olympic a lot. 

I prefer SFGC to Olympic mainly because Olympic is too dag gum hard.  If I was a member there I would have to start fishing.  I think SFGC has a lot more options in ways to play holes also.  Olympic is a US Open course, SFGC is a challenging but fun members course.

How close to your top 3 are SFGC and Olympic? 

SPDB

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »
I believe your caddie was mistaken, its been there for a while now.  Out of curiosity, who was your caddie?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back