News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

Re: Golf Digest Top 100 is out
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2009, 12:29:23 PM »
Finally a list that ranks us ahead of Mid Ocean... Golf Digest is the greatest! ;)

Andy Troeger

« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks Wolf Run is Top 100 worthy? 

I've played 32 of the top 100. Out of my personal top 25, the following courses don't make the Golf Digest Top 100 but would certainly make mine (in alpha order)...

Alotian Club
Ballyneal
Black Mesa
Chambers Bay
Kingsley Club
Lost Dunes
Paa-Ko Ridge
Pasatiempo
Wolf Run

Ross Tuddenham

« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58:32 AM »
I was wondering has there ever been a ranking system based on a historical basis.  So for example you can enter the same course into the list from different periods of time if the setup was very different from another time?

So for example you could rank both Augusta National (1936) and Augusta National (2009).

So the same course can be entered from different era’s if there was a redesign or other changes.

The list would be like a best ever course to play.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »
Ross. If I understand you corectly that would be impossible. While there might be a few alive who have played both the '36 and '09 iterations there's not enough for an imperical study. ;)
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Ross Tuddenham

« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2009, 08:54:25 AM »
I am not sure if it would be impossible as there would be enough opinions put forward to construct the list.  It would however as you say probably not mean much to anyone.

But in a way it would be good to hear the opinions and reasoning for peoples rankings.  Would it be possible through research to find out how a course would have played 90 years with enough insight as to rank it against what we could actually play now?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back