News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Course for life
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:23:07 PM »
The five finalists for the chance to play at Torrey before the Open choose these five as their "course for life"
Sand Hills
TPC Sawgrass
Royal County Down
Pacific Dunes
TOC

In this one, the moderns won. What is your course for life?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

George Pazin

Re: Course for life
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:39:54 PM »
Mostly depends on where you live, I'd guess.

I'll say one thing: I do fantasize about chucking it all and moving to Barnbougle. There's probably other places that would work as well.

Not Cape Kidnappers, though - yikes, sooner or later they'd find me at the bottom of one of those cliffs. I'd get dizzy just being near them....

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:47 PM »
Weather, cart dependent and speed of play are 3 considerations I would have to make:

Barndougle Dunes
Pine Valley
Cypress
Augusta
Something in Southern Florida or California for the winter
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:35:32 AM »
I found it interesting that the courses chosen by the finalists could very well have been those chosen by the first five to answer here given the high regard those five courses are held in here.

Preferring a rural setting, the Bandon Resort would most likely be where I would choose to hangout out for the rest of my golfing life. At one point I was trying to get my wife to agree to buy a place in Florence for all of the features one finds there, the lakes, the forests, the sand dunes, the beach, and at the time the anticipation of the coming Bandon Resort not too far away.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 06:57:20 AM »
The Old Course or Royal Melbourne Composite

Although I've not played it, I suspect Cypress could make the grade too.

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back