News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Blasberg

Erin Hills (15-18 with pictures) Happy Father's Day!!!
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:17:58 AM »
The tee shot on 15:

The tee shot on the par 3, 16th:

The depth of the 16th green not visible from the tee:

May favorite tee shot on the course, the 17th, the view from the black tees:

This is the view from the blue and green tees:

17 does require a longish carry over this stuff:

My look at the pin after a long drive down the left center:

The green once you’re past the ridge:

17 green:

A look back at the fronting ridge line:

Walking to the home hole as the rain starts to fall:

18th tee shot but what’s not visible is a brutish centerline pot bunker over the swale:

This would be her:

From the green tees (536 yards) you can negotiate past the pot bunker you are left with about 275 and this heroic option to go for the front right of the green, however the angle is deceiving and you must play further right than it looks (the line is at the left edge of the barn):

Otherwise you end up here:

Even a well executed second is left with this ticklish pitch:

Andrew Cunningham

Re:Erin Hills (15-18 with pictures) Happy Father's Day!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:28:11 AM »
JK,

I'd love to hear your overall opinions on the course.  Did it meet you expectations?  Exceed your expectations?  And why?

Thanks,

Andrew

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:48:32 AM »
JK,

I'd love to hear your overall opinions on the course.  Did it meet you expectations?  Exceed your expectations?  And why?

Thanks,

Andrew

I played with Jason and his wife on Friday, and I will tell you that Laura was a big fan of Erin Hills, so I think questions of playability should be eliminated.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 12:23:29 PM »
Jason, thanks for sharing your round at Erin Hills through very fine photos.  The photos are compelling along with Dan Moore's naratives, and makes me want to get there soon enough to give it a whirl.  

So Mike, are you saying that playability questions are eliminated for all of us?  Maybe, I'll play the ladies tees and that will be that.  ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:19:43 PM »
I played with Jason and his wife on Friday, and I will tell you that Laura was a big fan of Erin Hills, so I think questions of playability should be eliminated.

Mike, Laura told me to tell you that she's insulted! ;D

Laura had 96 on her first look and left a bunch out there.  Laura plays to about a 19 at home.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:20:11 PM by JKBlasberg »

Dan Moore

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »
A couple of shots to supplement Jason's.  

Here is one of 15 and 16.  15 green on right, golfers on the 16th tee in middle and 16 green and flag in the kettle on the left.

Here is a view of 17 fairway.  To see the green you need to be between the golfer with the red bag and the big oak tree to the right.

And a view of the centerline bunker guarding the upper right hand portion of the 2nd shot landing zone on 18.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 03:40:53 PM by Dan Moore »
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 10:27:22 PM »
Dan, any pictures of 1-3?

Dan Moore

"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »
I was not overwelmed with the tee shot on 15. The green is very good though. However I thought 16 was a very good par 3. The partially blind landing area is very cool. 17 is a great strong par 4 to me. It might end up being my favorite hole on the course. 18 is better to me than 1 and 10 but still left me scratching my head.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back