News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kelly Blake Moran

Re:British Golf Links
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 03:57:37 PM »
Obviously I overeacted to Tom's comments.  Actually, I have an Amazon Visa Card and periodically get $25 gift certificates so I was so moved by Tom's post I bought it through Amazon and applied the certificate.  If we had a local book seller I would support them but instead we have the big boys and they are so inept at carrying the books and music I like I would rather shop online and save a wasted trip to their stores.  

I think the book is a new litmus test for the folks that frequent this site.  If you don't get teary eyed then you're a fake.  I will report back after I get my copy later this week. ;D

By the way instead of passing the plate for Tom maybe we should all add him to our Christmas gift list.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 03:58:30 PM by Kelly Blake Moran »

Paul_Turner

Re:British Golf Links
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 04:53:29 PM »
It is an amazing book; even without maps it helps piece together how the courses evolved.  County Down has had an amazing number of iterations from what I can work out.

Plenty of eye popping hazards that are NLE and I wish Patric Dickinson's fave, Bembridge, was still around.

PS
I've actually witnessed Tom buying a book: "Britain's 100 Extraordinary Golf Holes" at Painswick GC.  Didn't look too traumatic to me :D
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back